does ibanez have a custom shop??
and how much would it cost to get a custom guitar?

cheers
MD5K
IBANEZ
your in Oz so just get in touck with Perry Ormsby, he'll do you something better than you can get from Ibanez.
Cept that Ormsby lives in the most remote city in the world
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Ormsby>>Ibanez. He'll build you damn near anything.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Ormsby>>Ibanez. He'll build you damn near anything.

+6943857685745
ormsby ftw!!!!!

his guitars could kick ibanez, fender, and gibson in the ass all at once.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
yes i agree ormsby!
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
as useless as it is for me to say anything more, i agree.

ORMSBY FTMFW.
------

Shwiggity.
Great, a guy getting it on with a tumbleweed or something... But that doesn't answer my question.
I doubt anyone here has. But he is a bit OCD about everything being perfect, so...
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I doubt anyone here has. But he is a bit OCD about everything being perfect, so...

I was making the recommendation based on perceived quality vs. price, and proximity to the shop.
Ormsby is run by Perry Ormsby. He is a frequent in the GB&C forum with his builds. His account here is something along the lines of ormsby guitars.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
perry ormsby. look him up here, hes a pro luthier in perth australia and makes the best f***in guitars many of us have ever seen. he has a ug profile...ormsby guitars, i think...look up some of his builds.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
ok looking him up now..

i just wish you could get custom ibanezes...
i have a dream rg i want lol..
MD5K
IBANEZ
Yeah, except Ormbsy's guitars are ****ing expensive. But they truly are amazing.
Quote by TORSION
i just wish you could get custom ibanezes...
i have a dream rg i want lol..
Since we are at GB&C I have to ask have you thought about making one yourself? A year ago I was in the same position. I had the dream RG in my mind but I couldn't find it from the Ibanez lineup, so I decided to make my own. It'll be finished soon (I hope) and I'll have my custom RG. That is if you don't insist on it being made by Ibanez, ofcourse
Quote by lumberjack
You rule the internet!
How's that for a compliment =)

My recordings
Quote by BGSM
Yeah, except Ormbsy's guitars are ****ing expensive. But they truly are amazing.

Ive never made a guitar that was more expensive then a Steve Vai JEM, or a Les Paul Standard, or a Custom Shop Fender Strat.

Never.

Thanks for the props guys!!

Regards,
Perry Ormsby

Pevious builds:
HERE!
Quote by ormsby guitars
Ive never made a guitar that was more expensive then a Steve Vai JEM, or a Les Paul Standard, or a Custom Shop Fender Strat.

Never.

Thanks for the props guys!!

no problem, and as reassuring as that sounds, i doubt i will ever be able to afford one of your gutiars
maybe if im lucky though, i'll hit the lottery. if that happens ill be buying 3 from you
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
yea ive thought about making one, ive read a few build threads on here, but i dunno if i would be able to, coz i dont have the tools and stuff..

i would love to make a guitar one day though..

how much exactly are these ormsby guitars? i checked out the website like you guys suggested, and they look like insanely nice guitars like you said.. very nice indeed.

Steve Vai JEM, or a Les Paul Standard, or a Custom Shop Fender Strats are all like $4000 upwards right? so does that put them around there-ish?

and can you make the RG shape? or similar?
MD5K
IBANEZ
more like $3000 for a vai jem (i did the conversion to australian $$$)
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
more like $3000 for a vai jem (i did the conversion to australian $$$)

lol, that's just converting the money, your forgetting about all the other charges they put on it for being an import and such...

and don't forget about Ran guitars...
^yeah true....but since ormsby's in australia, the import price is nonexistant but i get ur point...
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
They stopped asking