Just finished writing it out. I wanted something really intense and this is what i got. It has its melow moments though that tie it all together. You'll see what i mean.

I wrote it and recorded it with Guitar Pro. I've uploaded both the MP3 and the original GP5 file. Id rather you listen to it on Guitar Pro if you have the program but if not, just listen to the MP3.

Note: its not the best recording since i recorded it from GuitarPro... it has a little static in some areas

Link to MP3: Click Here
Attachments:
new song.zip
Last edited by terryn0 at Sep 17, 2008,
thanks, im gonna get my band to play this and we are gonna put some pretty sick vocals in. We are in the process right now of trying to find another vocalist. I'm talking to a girl right now, she has some pretty awesome screams (think Arch Enemy) and she has an amazing singing voice as well.

Our bassist does death vocals so we are gonna put him in the background.

Im in the proccess of writing lyrics right now too
I like the opening riff....te drums sound distorted.....maybe work on the recordign quality.....the guitar sound is rather off putting.....hmmm......i dont know if u notice this or not...but the mix seriosuely needs some attention......major distortion......riff is well payed and in time.....it gives me kind of a inflames vibe.....nice one....so far its a well constructed song...would slay with vocals...but I would def. work on cleaning it up.....i liek teh win harmoney guitar part.....its a nice tune.....Keep rockin...PEAC EOUT
Quote by waz416
I like the opening riff....te drums sound distorted.....maybe work on the recordign quality.....the guitar sound is rather off putting.....hmmm......i dont know if u notice this or not...but the mix seriosuely needs some attention......major distortion......riff is well payed and in time.....it gives me kind of a inflames vibe.....nice one....so far its a well constructed song...would slay with vocals...but I would def. work on cleaning it up.....i liek teh win harmoney guitar part.....its a nice tune.....Keep rockin...PEAC EOUT

thanks... but im getting the feeling you didnt read my whole first post...

read it and you'll see what i mean
The idea is there. Just need a better quality recording Im not familiar with Guitar Pro so Im not sure how it works. But the recording levels seem way to high (clipping). I know you stated that it crackles, but it shouldnt. Even if recording with a sound-blaster (pc soundcard), while not studio quality, it would still be clear if the levels are set proper. You have what seem great ideas, just get the levels down.
Quote by BushmasterM4
The idea is there. Just need a better quality recording Im not familiar with Guitar Pro so Im not sure how it works. But the recording levels seem way to high (clipping). I know you stated that it crackles, but it shouldnt. Even if recording with a sound-blaster (pc soundcard), while not studio quality, it would still be clear if the levels are set proper. You have what seem great ideas, just get the levels down.

OK i fixed it.... i had the imput too high

actually i turned it down as far as i could without it being off and it gave a really good sound except for a little crackling in a few areas with a lot of bass
Last edited by terryn0 at Sep 17, 2008,
Better, but if the tracks are recorded too hot, there is no going back. On future projects place close attention to your input levels. You can always raise the volume of the final mix to make it as loud as commercial material at the "mastering" stage of your song. Remember, you can make it louder, but its impossible to fix something that is clipping.
Quote by BushmasterM4
Better, but if the tracks are recorded too hot, there is no going back. On future projects place close attention to your input levels. You can always raise the volume of the final mix to make it as loud as commercial material at the "mastering" stage of your song. Remember, you can make it louder, but its impossible to fix something that is clipping.

I know a guy that owns a personal recording studio so i leave all the real recording stuff to him... i just have to tell him the type of sound i want and he fixes it all to my personal preference

im basically just doing these GuitarPro recordings to get some opinions on the sound of my music... not the sound of my recording skill lol

these recordings wont go anywhere...
sick tune you got there; I'd prolly change it up a bit, I don't think the chorus is strong enough; and maybe add some depth to the verses, I dunno.

Can't wait to hear more!
Quote by terryn0
I know a guy that owns a personal recording studio so i leave all the real recording stuff to him... i just have to tell him the type of sound i want and he fixes it all to my personal preference

im basically just doing these GuitarPro recordings to get some opinions on the sound of my music... not the sound of my recording skill lol

these recordings wont go anywhere...

Then your good to go. But if you get the chance to do it yourself at some point, do it, its so much fun. I really enjoy it. In my youth 4-track cassette recorders were the rage (and expensive). I wish 30 years ago I had the shit I have now. But then again I quit playing for 30years too. Work, raising kids, etc...
You've got some pretty sick ideas in there. The 3 or 4 main riffs were all pretty sick, and i like the syncopated shots. Pretty cool stuff.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I was expecting this to be garbage but it was freakin' awesome, man! And I don't usually listen to hardcore stuff, so good work. The riffs are great.
The actual content is really well thought out, definately metalcore, i dont think your doing anything thats kinda 'new' or original in terms of the genre, but that isnt a bad thing. Writing generic yet talented usic takes talent to (my band are generic modern thrash).

What you have here is a well written metal core song which is poorly produced. I honestly think if you was to get this recorded in a different way you'd have a killer metalcore track! Vocals will really help to set it apart, they can make a big difference to the overall impact of a song.

id rate it 7/10 ignoring the produciton issues!

If you want to check out my stuff, click here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=960238
thanks to all of you for your constructive criticism... it helps a lot
Last edited by terryn0 at Sep 20, 2008,
it sounds great. my fav part is at the 2 minute mark when it shifts into a steady beat then comes back in with the breakness. you should invest in some more software, like drum kit from hell and some guitar DXI plugins or watchamacallems. This would stomp some serious balls with better samples. regardless, it still stomps balls.
Quote by metalismetal
The actual content is really well thought out, definately metalcore, i dont think your doing anything thats kinda 'new' or original in terms of the genre, but that isnt a bad thing. Writing generic yet talented usic takes talent to (my band are generic modern thrash).

What you have here is a well written metal core song which is poorly produced. I honestly think if you was to get this recorded in a different way you'd have a killer metalcore track! Vocals will really help to set it apart, they can make a big difference to the overall impact of a song.

id rate it 7/10 ignoring the produciton issues!

If you want to check out my stuff, click here https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=960238

thanks for the rate... as for the production and vocals, its been discussed in an earlier post... read through
thanks for the crit man, i loved this track. the chugs under the main melody were sweet. it had a fairly simple structure, which i think you could mix up a bit, or even add a couple riffs to break up to make thigns a bit mroe interesting. id suggest using a different outro to stand out a bit more, because every other band in this same genre have used a similar idea :P overall though, its sick, just needs a little refining