Ok, so my partner has asked me to write an instrumental piece for her. And normally that would be fine.

But the theme for this one is kinda like leading from how life used to be for me (a pile of fly covered ****) up until now (which is awesome). I'm thinking along the lines of a slow, almost haunting arpeggio for the intro, but I don't know which chords/scales to use for it.

I'm mainly just a rhythm guitarist so ANY help would be apprieciated. If you have any ideas for me, put them down in here and I'll give them a try, then leave you some feedback. Thanks

Daniel
Step one: Listen to A Gentleman Caller by Cursive. Step two: Steal from them.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
lolz i just play songs that i like. i couldn't afford guitar lessons and stuff cuz of paying rent and shizzle so nope.
it would be way better with singing youve got to sing man chicks dig that shit
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
haha, i thought bout that but i remembered that i only do backing vocals lol. and don't be giving me a lecture about what i should know. i'm asking for ideas, not being moaned at. so SHUSH!!!
make it real simple to the untrained ear anything sounds good start out with some slo arpegios minor motly mabe a diminished now i personally like the d minor scale but its all up to personal preferance but if you go for something like d or e minor you oly have one accidental to worry about
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
thanks mate. thats the sort of stuff i was looking for. ill have to have a look and see what i can come up with