View poll results: Should I?
Yeps
6 26%
Nopes
14 61%
waits...
4 17%
Voters: 23.
Ibanez acoustics are generally poorly made.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
did you enjoy the tone?

that's pretty much all that matters. don't buy something for looks.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
i dont know if i would spend that much on an ibanez acoustic, man...it could be a mistake l8er on when the honeymoons over
Pot
Kettle
Black
For that much money you can get a better guitar.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Well, hey, what it really comes down to is if that is the guitar you like best for the budget you have, then that is the one you should get. I, personally, would most likely not buy an Ibanez acoustic, but this is your decision and no one else's.

No one has to like the guitar but you. Get what you like.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by Guitarfreak217
Why does everyone have it out for Ibanez?

Do you think we have it out for just ibanez or poorly made guitars?

I sure do hope you understand what i mean by this statement.
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Quote by Guitarfreak217
Why does everyone have it out for Ibanez?

Ibanez acoustics are well set up and easy to play with skinny necks and low action. They're usually really pretty and they appeal to electric guitar players who are taking the plunge into the acoustic world and figure that they can count on the Ibanez name. Quality is questionable though -- poor craftsmanship and cheap materials. Too bad too, thirty years ago they were making some of the best acoustics you could buy!

Edit: We don't have it out for Ibanez -- Ibanez has worked miracles making quality electric guitars at affordable prices, but just hasn't been able to do the same with acoustics.
Last edited by milagroso at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by milagroso

Edit: We don't have it out for Ibanez -- Ibanez has worked miracles making quality electric guitars at affordable prices, but just hasn't been able to do the same with acoustics.

exactly. If any other brand made crappy acoustics then we'd have it out for them too. this forum usually hates on low end martins and taylors too.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
Ibanez acoustics are generally poorly made.

Are you serious? Some of the best low end acoustics I've played were Ibanez acoustics, I own two btw and they play better then my Alvarez.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Quote by srvflood
Are you serious? Some of the best low end acoustics I've played were Ibanez acoustics, I own two btw and they play better then my Alvarez.

Ibanez acoustic guitars have extremely poor quality control. My Art & Lutherie blows every ibanez i've played out of the water.
Equipment:

Quote by captivate
Ibanez acoustic guitars have extremely poor quality control. My Art & Lutherie blows every ibanez i've played out of the water.

Ditto with my blueridge.

my friend did have his ibanez acoustic bridge filed and lowered so the action was low, but by no means would i ever prefer his tone over mine.

buy the ibanez because it sounds good and feels nice, not because it's colorful and you will recieve complements on how good it looks. that's impressing someone with your tone is another story.
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
I really don't know a lot about Ibanez acoustics, but i found this guitar is the store the other day.
-Looks amzing, the one im getting has a way darker matte type finish... almost black.
-Feels great, easy to play
-sounds AWESOME

I'm just more worried about the financial issues. I have like 450 and that guitar is around 375(no tax on yen). So i just dont know if I want to get it so soon.
it took me a month to pick out my guitar. take as long as you need to choose yours.
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
I wanted that guitar too before! I saw one and fell in love with the look... But it sounds really bad, sorry to say

I was really disapointed with it. It feels really rough and the sound just wasn't impressive in the least for it's price or look.

Just wait and look around some more... I eventually found a used Yamaha LL500, for 900$. I had to wait a while longer to save up, but it was worth every penny. The LL500 has always been compared to 2000$ martins, so I just had to see it for myself, and i wasn't dissapointed. It was worth the wait.
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Last edited by bluezombie at Sep 14, 2008,