hey all. Iv been playing Guitar Since Xmas last year and have gotten okish at the Playing part of it. I recently started to look up Music theory around the forum and read the Modes, Chords and scales threads and i found it really hard to take in. i dont know why but i just couldnt understand it. I know how to make Major Scales but the more advanced stuff i just didnt understand. like what does the whole i,ii IV,I mean?

can anyone Help me get an understanding?
GEAR

Ibanez RG170 (jade Blue)
randall RG150 hardrock (made in usa)
1x 12” 150w 8 ohms jaguar speaker
Zoom G1X Effects Unit.
You're gonna have to be more specific on most of that. The roman numerals refer to chords within any key, capitals are major chords, lower case for minor chords. for example in the key of C, i, ii, IV, I(which is an unusual chord progression) would be Cm, Dm, Fmaj, Cmaj. In the key of C, C is the I chord, D is the II chord, E is the III chord, dya get me?
a scale usualy has 8 degrees, each one is a note.
the first note is the scale name and the 8th is the octave of the same note.
say we got the G Major scale, g is the first note=i degree, A is the second=ii degree, Bb is the 3rd=iii degree and so on...
in the subject of modes: modes are simply taking a scale and starting it from a different degree. starting a G major scale from its VI degree (E) makes it a minor scale, starting it from the 2nd (A) makes it a dorian scale.
prolly alot of spelling mistakes so sorry.
oh ok. Those bothing sort of made Sense. i think id better go back to the start and build my way up to the more harder stuff. http://www.musictheory.net/ Sounds like a good play to start.
GEAR

Ibanez RG170 (jade Blue)
Zoom G1X Effects Unit.
start with the crusade lessons they were really good and explained everything clearly
Dan The Man Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians Only

Gear Fund 1000/ ???

Yes his name is Dan
Where abouts are the Crusade Lessons?
GEAR

Ibanez RG170 (jade Blue)
Zoom G1X Effects Unit.
hey, thanks Guys for the help well im off to read now. Cyas Around
GEAR

Ibanez RG170 (jade Blue)