hey i need some help with the boost pedal im thinking of getting before my gig next friday

i use ibanez weeping demon/dunlop crybaby wah followed by a zakk wylde over drive followed by a mxr stereo chorus then into a jcm 900 (4100 model).

now i need a boost to use for solos,im looking at a mxr boost/line driver and ive only heard good things.

http://www.guitar.com.au/effects/mxr/caeboost.htm

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=265&pmh=products/p_and_e_detail

just thought id hear what ug has to say,will it conflict with the overdrive and were in my pedal board will it go?
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

You should put the chorus in the effects loop. And do you want a volume boost or a gain boost?
volume boost
Quote by Tiksi
people who think that the tuning peg things have to be straight. I went to the bathroom once, I come back, and my friend detunified my guitar, and then asked why it sounded weird. ARGG!!!

so have the wah and over drive going in the "input" on the jcm and the chorus pedal and boost in the "effects loop"?
Quote by Tiksi

thanks alot
Quote by Tiksi

Well, a boost in the loop will basically affect the volume and hardly will affect the gain.
I run my Dallas Rangemaster-clone in front of my amp. Boosts the volume just fine. Gets more saturated, too because it's not a clean boost, but...A fatter solo tone works better for me, anyway.

Boost pedals generally have tons of gain on tap, like up to 30dB. Just don't think he should be shoving all that straight into the power amp, when it works fine up front.
I haven't thought of this - since it's definitely possible to boost the volume with MC-401, why don't you buy and try it in different positions and decide what you like best?