OK so i got one of those saga strat kits and i want to give it a cool paintjob, and i decided on yellow and black evh stripes. I decided to use duplicolor considering its an acrylic lacquer. There is some sort of smooth finish or something already on the body. Should i sand this down or spray primer over it? And as far as a clear sealer goes what could i use?

as you can see I am totally new to this
here's what you do.

sane completely with 60-80 grit. then go to 120 grit. then 280 grit. then 400 grit. then 600 grit. Spray primer, wet sand lightly with worn 600 grit WET. use plenty of water, and don't break through to surface. then do color, wet 600 in between coats, and tack cloth it. i used clear hard enamel. do aobut 5 coats color, 7 coats clear, one or two primer and you should be good.

ultiamte painting/refinsihing thread for more help.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Quote by vXFuryXv
OK so i got one of those saga strat kits and i want to give it a cool paintjob, and i decided on yellow and black evh stripes. I decided to use duplicolor considering its an acrylic lacquer. There is some sort of smooth finish or something already on the body. Should i sand this down or spray primer over it? And as far as a clear sealer goes what could i use?

as you can see I am totally new to this

If it's some sealer, scuff sand it with 400 grit so the next finish will have better adherence.

Duplicolor has everything you'll need: Sanding sealer/Primer, Colorcoat, and Clearcoat (Satin or Glossy).

Read post #1 of the sticky for some tutorials.