so i just moved house and i have a completely new room, a whole blank slate

and i was kind of thinking about turning one of the walls into a kind of ongoing graffiti project

unbelievably, i managed to get my dad's permission for this, and he'll pay for some of the paints/caps/whatever

so how do i go about this? i have a thin sheet of ply that's about 2 and a half foot by 4 and a half that i can practice on...

i have no experience whatsoever with spray paints, and i have no clue about caps or stencils or anything... but i am pretty good with my hands, and i can draw pretty darn well

so is there anything i need to know, anything i need to get, any ideas for things that would look awesome?

i want to leave a bit of the wall for my friends to do, it could be interesting... but is this really such a good idea? i mean, i don't want a quarter of my bedroom covered in badly drawn penii... and i can hardly say "you must be THIS tall mentally to draw on my wall" it's kind of a contradiction that said, i have two friends who are amazing at art so i might just chain them to the wall with a bunch of pot, sit back and wait

thanks
Fun Animal Facts #23: The pit can skeletonise a cow in under three minutes
You'll need good ventillation in there.

Basically, spray in one direction, make sure your stencils work (no islands) before you start cutting them, spray quite far away from the stencil, or it'll be too wet and it'll run.

Give yourself plenty of practice before you go for the wall.
Last edited by filthandfury at Sep 14, 2008,
You should draw it in pencil before painting over it, and do some sketches on your black book or in a blank sheet . If you know any writter, that's awesome because it's not that easy to paint (well) with graffiti cans , and you could ask them for help, or even to throw something at your wall.

As for caps and paint, that depends very much on the surface but, as I said, talk to your artist friends and they will help you

First time I , stupidly , decided to throw a graffiti on a wall , I used Montana Cans and regular caps

Meh .. not so good
Last edited by Woozye at Sep 14, 2008,
A few of my friends are graffiti artists and they're always drawing on something. Work on your piece on some paper first, keep practising until you're happy with it. Then work on actually painting.

The thing about graffiti is that you have to know EXACTLY where the paint is going to go out of the can, you have to be really accurate. My three friends did this piece together-

That took them at least 2 days.
thanks guys, this is really helpful and ^ that's awesome

no-one i know has any experience with graffiti, or cans or anything....

anyone know a good site to find out what i'd need and order em?

i do sketch fairly often but i don't really use strong colours or anything even slightly grafittiish... so that'll be a interesting....
Practice first. Spraying clean straight lines with cans is fucking hard. Sketch out your piece in a blackbook loads of times, and try it out somewhere else before doing it on the wall.

give that a shot.
and I'll love you for eternity.

EDIT: Excuse the size.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
whatever you do man, don't ****ing chrome. doesn't matter what your mates say, don't ****ing do it. you want get high, get some weed. that doesn't **** your head up. chroming does. ok?

Sanity is not statistical
Quote by sincewhen??
*jimi pic*

give that a shot.

holy shitting ****, that is exactly what i was planning minus the vines..... i even have a drawing in my sketch book of the exact same pic of jimi! damn that's ****ing creepy. awesome though...

and there shall be pics

EDIT: well... there are slight differences... it was an old plan that i kinda ditched, on the grounds that it probably wouldn't look great... but ****ing hell it looks awesome there...
Last edited by Captain Howdy at Sep 14, 2008,
I only have this one pic of what I've sprayed, on my skateboard.

But I have a few stencils.

Quote by sincewhen??

give that a shot.

that's so unbelievably fucking awesome.

I've got a mate or two who spray, and i can second that recommendation for paintandbeatz someone posted
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
twist of fate, that's amazing

i've been flicking through some of my old sketch books, and i found a meditating monkey wrapped in a rainbow that i want to put up on it somewhere and i think i want to put up a small stencil of the maddox logo, not because i love maddox, but because there is actually nothing more awesome than che guevara in an eyepatch
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Draw a pair of tits above your bed, that would be epic.

nope, not tits...

i want the "Are you experienced?" poster from the Jimi Hendrix Experience over my bed.

i know nothing about grafitti, but i know what would look really cool. make an epic mural with dragons and guitars and lightning bolts and hot chicks and fire and all that cool stuff. just go nuts.

mabey get really high and go into your room with a couple of cans of spraypaint blaring music with cool imagery like that and dont come out until you have an epic mural on your wall
^I S*** you not compadre!

Quote by Explorerpro
You Sir, Are Made Of Win.

Quote by El Hilliaro
Wow TS, this is a seriously great, original idea.

Anyway, I'm off, for some reason I have the strongest urge to listen to The Ramones.
Quote by Tom_hatton
A few of my friends are graffiti artists and they're always drawing on something. Work on your piece on some paper first, keep practising until you're happy with it. Then work on actually painting.

The thing about graffiti is that you have to know EXACTLY where the paint is going to go out of the can, you have to be really accurate. My three friends did this piece together-

That took them at least 2 days.

Thats awesome man, i dont get why people hate spraypaint, unless its swearing or whatever its pretty neat

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!