Page 1 of 2
Searched
Couldn't find a thread.

Anyway, Australian based post-rockish band (don't quote me, I'm not much of a regular in here...). Absolutely amazing stuff. Their latest EP has a contribution from Tim Charles of Melbourne Avant-Garde Metal band, Ne Obliviscaris.
Fantastic stuff.

Anyone else heard them?
edit: Myspace link
http://www.myspace.com/sleepmakeswaves
Last edited by Magero at Sep 14, 2008,
Thanks Magero, they're pretty damn good. Cheers for letting my now, I'll add them and spread the word!
signature
Bookmarked for later
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I'm a huge sleepmakeswaves fan. (And not just because they asked me to play violin on one song on their EP... :P )

I had the pleasure of joining them on stage for a few songs a couple weeks ago whilst they were on tour here in Melbourne- was so much fun, and great to see so many people there to see them considering it was their first ever trip to Melbourne.

I'm really looking forward to having them open for Ne Obliviscaris on Oct 4/5!

For fans of: Explosions in the Sky, Mono, Isis
You guys are great, i really wanted to see you at The Excelsior with Meniscus (which is right near my college) but work just kept getting in the way.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
oh hell yeah guys! one brilliant band, a brilliant sound, and amazing use of instruments!

just what i was looking for, and i'd like to see you guys come up here to brissy with NEO
"We carry death out of the village!"
cheers guys! a brisbane trip with neo would indeed be nice! hopefully meniscus get a new drummer sorted soon and we can start gigging together again
YEAH!!!! i saw some pics on the net of your guys playing with neo at their come back gig, and the guitarist wore a neo shirt....thats full fucking metal!

just one question. only one of you has a 7 string? i cant quite understand why just one?
i do the leads that involve the high E string, our other guitarist doesn't like playing 7 strings so plays everything without that string

===

in other news our full length EP - 'in today already walks tomorrow' is now up for free download, if you are yet to hear, please give it a go!

http://www.archive.org/details/LostChildren059

http://beta.legaltorrents.com/torrents/325-059---sleepmakeswaves---in-today-already-walks-tomorrow
i bought your EP when i was at a brismetal gig! absolutely amazing guys! you need to come up here with Neo!!!!!!!!

and that's awesome about the 7 string. does not sound that low though, but i am no pro listener
we don't really chug chug so its not as noticable, but the low notes are there from time to time

hopefully make it to brisbane again in a few months time, had a great time both times we've been so far
oh magero, moving to rock instead of metal now, eh?
pretty good band, actually.
Quote by megadeth rule
how do you trip on acid? was your shoelace untied?

Quote by perry589
Mikko, you remind me of a clogged up toilet. You're the poo that won't go away.
Quote by sleepmakeswaves
we don't really chug chug so its not as noticable, but the low notes are there from time to time

hopefully make it to brisbane again in a few months time, had a great time both times we've been so far

yeah the last show you guys played up here was a week before i was 18 so i was pissed off
OH YEAH! i would love a shirt like that green one tim had when i met him....how much?
Quote by Magero
Least I beat you guys to making a thread on... yourself
I dunno if you got my PM on myspace, about shirts and the EP...?

sorry, thought one of the other guys had handled that.

shirts and ep's are $15 a pop + postage.
well im not a girl so i dont all the colors!
Was wondering for a while whether these guys had a thread of their own or not. Not much to say, found these guys through NeO's myspace friendlist a couple months ago. Fantastic music, really good to just turn on and relax to. New song sounds great . I'll be ordering the split as soon as I get paid.
I'll be ordering the split and the ep this week!!!!
I was wondering whether one of my favourite post-rock bands had a thread. I'm asking my friend to help order the split soon. Come to Melbourne ASAP yeh?
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Apr 18, 2009,
I thought they were from the blue mountains :/

I'll be all over that split EP once I get my account set up
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
Damn record store lied to me
Well, guess I have to order online then
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Tangled thoughts of leaving are very interesting too. Great drumming and piano-work.
The will be heartache,
there will be rain,
and joy I can't explain.
i will be all over the brisbane gig! the line up is ****ing amazing!

awesome work boys!
I pray that I can catch the show you guys are headlining
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Page 1 of 2