what does it affect? i'll be just playing at home, a low watt amp would be sufficient right?
If you're playing at home, bedroom level. I'd say 75watt solid state would be good enough and maybe 30-50tube watt would be good.
30-50 watts would probably be too much for bedroom use. Really you'll only need 5-15 tube watts. The sticky on amps and stuff has more information.
Quote by Dimebag Bill
If you're playing at home, bedroom level. I'd say 75watt solid state would be good enough and maybe 30-50tube watt would be good.

Ignore this at all costs. That is complete over kill and a complete waste of money. You don't need to spend in excess of £200 for a great bedroom level practice amp or a bit more.

A 5 watt amp would be perfect for bedroom volumes. Look at the Roland Micro Cube (a great place to start and plenty of decent effects), fender Champ 600 and Blackheart Little Giant. If you want a bit more power, check out the Fender Vibro Champ, or Super Champ.
Last edited by ze monsta at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by ze monsta
Ignore this at all costs. That is complete over kill and a complete waste of money. You don't need to spend in excess of £200 for a great bedroom level practice amp or a bit more.

A 5 watt amp would be perfect for bedroom volumes. Look at the Roland Micro Cube (a great place to start and plenty of decent effects), fender Champ 600 and Blackheart Little Giant. If you want a bit more power, check out the Fender Vibro Champ, or Super Champ.

I guess you're right, I just like to play loud in my bedroom.
Quote by ze monsta

^^ this guy knows what he's talking about

but if you REALLY wanna go louder, hit up a relatively cheap Spider III 15w. It has a beavey of effects. Just don't go jamming with it.
*waits to be flamed to mentioning the Spider*
id stay with the valveking. a 212 valveking is 60 watts and that isnt necessary though for bedroom. get the 112 (40 watts), its more bang for buck in your situation. also, once u get the valveking, sell your mt-2 and buy an OD pedal to tighten up the valvekings sound.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by djmay71

but if you REALLY wanna go louder, hit up a relatively cheap Spider III 15w. It has a beavey of effects. Just don't go jamming with it.
*waits to be flamed to mentioning the Spider*

im not flaming you for mentioning the spider, but im flaming you because in his sig it says he already has a spider III.
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
id stay with the valveking. a 212 valveking is 60 watts and that isnt necessary though for bedroom. get the 112 (40 watts), its more bang for buck in your situation. also, once u get the valveking, sell your mt-2 and buy an OD pedal to tighten up the valvekings sound.

The Valveking 2x12 is 100w iirc.

Valveking is not the best option.
Quote by imgooley
The Valveking 2x12 is 100w iirc.

Valveking is not the best option.

oops, my mistake. and in his sig, it says hes already saving up for the 212, so im saying if he wants the VK, he would be better off with 112
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
oops, my mistake. and in his sig, it says hes already saving up for the 212, so im saying if he wants the VK, he would be better off with 112

The TS doesn't even have a sig
Yeha eh's looking at another guy's sig...

Actually 5 watt tube is too loud for a bedroom! For bedroom only, a Micro CUbe will be more than enough!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
5 watts tube 15 to 20 watts SS is good for bedroom. With the money you save on a 5 watt tube (unless you go boutique), get some pedals. You'll have great tone and good versatility.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD