Hi everyone, first post here, but have often used for tabs/lessons this site is great!

Anyway I've decided today to tackle something I have shied away from since I started playing. Odd tunings!

First song I'd like to play is Faulkner's cover of Massive Attacks 'Teardrop', that uses a 'Db Gb Db Gb Bb Db' tuning. How the heck do I tune my axe to that? I have a Korg GA-30 if anyone could tell me how to tune it using that, that'd be awesome.

I started reading the lesson on tuning/advanced tuning on here, and even though its brilliantly written I found myself going cross-eyed when it got to the fretboard diagram of notes etc.

Anywho, thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!

Lee
push the button that says flat on your tuner three times then tune like normal
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
awesome, that seems to do the trick! thanks! now i just have to learn to tap the beat and hammer at the same time....reminds me of the rubbing ur belly and patting ur head thing!
yea man, it can be quite hard to get to begin with, learn the hammer on bit fluently before attempting to add in the beats
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Another way to tune to flats or drop d is by relative tuning. It won't be as accurate as using a tuner, but if you have a crappy tuner, it may be more accurate.
So if you wanted to do drop d, then just play this together and tune until its accurate:

e-------
B-------
G-------
D-------
A---0---
E---7---
cheers for your help guys, gradualy getting my head around different tunings etc, i guess this is where a bit of traditional music lessons would come in handy! thanks again!