ESP MH 250
14 18%
ESP H 251
11 14%
Other
30 38%
Voters: 80.
Page 1 of 2
Hi everyone,i m gonna buy sooner or later a new guitar at a price of 350/400 €,to play genres like power(blind guardian,angra,gammaray...) and heavy/thrash metal ,but if possible to have not only a cool ad powerful distorsion,but also good cleans.
For what i ve seen,the 3 main guitars i should buy,at that price,to satisfy my need for metal are:

Dean ML79

ESP LTD MH 250

ESP LTD H 251

which one of these is the best for price and quality?

p.s. i prefer tune-o bridge instead of FR
hey dude, listen, them cheap esps are a nightmare and prone to crap electronics, id go with the 79 ML, ive played one, it was amazing, feels the same as the higher end dime series guitars, the shape aswel increases the sustaine and the neck plays like a dream, get the dean, its a great solid guitar, just plug it in and crank up the distortion. and the dean zebra neck humbucker is amazing.
Bazza

Epiphone Les Paul Special ll w/ an SD Dimebucker and a Dean Zebra neck pup
Bugera 333xl Head
Bugera 412-bk Cab
Roland Cube 15
Behringer Hell Babe Wah
Dan Electro tuna-melt
EHX Metal Muff

Bugera Lover!
Ohhh thanks i searched in so many forums and i read that the ESPs under "400series"are ever too expensive for their quality,but there are tons of great reviews about these ones that i was really in doubt,also cause they cost less than dean
yep dean no doubt
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by bazzabalboa
hey dude, listen, them cheap esps are a nightmare and prone to crap electronics, id go with the 79 ML, ive played one, it was amazing, feels the same as the higher end dime series guitars, the shape aswel increases the sustaine and the neck plays like a dream, get the dean, its a great solid guitar, just plug it in and crank up the distortion. and the dean zebra neck humbucker is amazing.

That was a very long sentence, nevertheless I'd have to agree with it.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
i hate those deans, but the two ESP's arent good either. i dont really like the cheap guitars that are designed for heavy metal. i would look used for an epi les paul, sg, explorer, or flying V, then if u still have any money leftover, put a seymour duncan JB in the bridge. but i guess of the three, i would have to say the H-251
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
i must confess, i dont think i've played that particular dean, so everybody thats saying the dean might be right
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Ibanez
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i hate those deans, but the two ESP's arent good either. i dont really like the cheap guitars that are designed for heavy metal. i would look used for an epi les paul, sg, explorer, or flying V, then if u still have any money leftover, put a seymour duncan JB in the bridge. but i guess of the three, i would have to say the H-251

Hot Rails.
Quote by Kada2110
Ibanez

Absolutely NO ibanez
i must confess, i dont think i've played that particular dean, so everybody thats saying the dean might be right
Then,Dean is your answer ?XDD

But the differences between the 2 ESPs are only the head and the finish,right?is there anything else?

I also thought about a schecter,but the very nice ones are a bit too expensive
Last edited by ZaÐ at Sep 14, 2008,
why not Ibanez? I swear I never played a better guitar than the JEM...
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
Quote by Kada2110
why not Ibanez? I swear I never played a better guitar than the JEM...

Well,a JEM is an awesome guitar,but i cant spend more than 420€ xD and i don t feel really satisfacted about the ibanez with this prize....versatile,but i m searching for something very very heavy,strong....something very INCAZZATO XD
id say the dean, but what amp have you got?
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
Quote by Dust_to_Dust
id say the dean, but what amp have you got?

Gonna buy a new one,a roland microcube or maybe (if i can find a good price) a cube x20
wicked, have a look around for a second hand valve combo maybe?
would be better in the long run to be honest
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
I've got the Dean 79 ML in SilverBurst. It's one of the nicest guitars I own. Great build quality and outstanding finish.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by ZaÐ

But the differences between the 2 ESPs are only the head and the finish,right?is there anything else?

one of them has a fixed bridge and one has a FR
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
I personally like Deans quite a bit & the MLs are very nice....
But since I can't really speak FOR you, I cna only go by what I would opt for....I voted other & would probably go with a Dean Vendetta 4.0 w/a Floyd Rose. actually right around the same price as the MLs, depending on options, etc.
I just can't live without the 24 Fret neck these days....That's the clincher for me personally.

Don
Quote by ChipShank
I personally like Deans quite a bit & the MLs are very nice....
But since I can't really speak FOR you, I cna only go by what I would opt for....I voted other & would probably go with a Dean Vendetta 4.0 w/a Floyd Rose. actually right around the same price as the MLs, depending on options, etc.
I just can't live without the 24 Fret neck these days....That's the clincher for me personally.

Don

Hmm This guitar is really good,good job of mentioning it.Now there is only one problem,does he know how to tune a guitar that has a floyd rose system . Other than that ill go with his pick (Other).
SIG
yup.
Last edited by Th3 M3tal at Sep 14, 2008,
Personally I'm not struck on either Dean or ESP but I love Ibanez guitars. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. TBH, from what you've said so far I'd be tempted to spend less on the guitar and more on the amp.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Go with either the MicroCube, or the Cube-30X. Everyone will agree that it is better.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
one of them has a fixed bridge and one has a FR

Are u sure? o.ò in the ESP site both of them have tune-o

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_mhnt.html

http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_h.html

u can get a decent schecter in that price range. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...ter-?sku=518491 and the schecter can do more than just metal is u ever change ur mind.

Free shipping O__O is free shipping possible also by delivering to europe?

wicked, have a look around for a second hand valve combo maybe?
Well,not so much money to spend,unfortunatly ç__ç
II personally like Deans quite a bit & the MLs are very nice....
I just can't live without the 24 Fret neck these days....That's the clincher for me personally.....
I m searching for a tune-o not only to spend the least possible,but also because i'm useing my tremolo very rarely,so i think it d be useless to me
Quote by ZaÐ

Well,not so much money to spend,unfortunatly ç__ç I m searching for a tune-o not only to spend the least possible,but also because i'm useing my tremolo very rarely,so i think it d be useless to me

They make various Vendetta models with fixed bridges as well. Prices ranging from $200 up to $750 (US Dollars) with fixed, string through body type bridges as well. There is actually a pretty decent number of "good" metal guitars out there in that range to be honest.

Don
NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!

ESP LTD MH 450 - NT... Trust meeeeee!!! I have had mine for two years and mine has been thrashed around on gigs, at home.

The neck is amazing... i have the thing tuned down to a standard Bb and then neck is still holding strong.

The EMG pickups are as brutal as you need.

And the finish and choices of woods is awesome for a korean guitar!
From a guy named Mike
Originally posted by justinhawkins

id knock boots with paris any day, but i bet robert plant has a better-sounding orgasm
Quote by ChipShank
They make various Vendetta models with fixed bridges as well. Prices ranging from $200 up to $750 (US Dollars) with fixed, string through body type bridges as well. There is actually a pretty decent number of "good" metal guitars out there in that range to be honest.

Don

Well,then i m going to ask to my seller about a vendetta too
NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!

ESP LTD MH 450 - NT... Trust meeeeee!!! I have had mine for two years and mine has been thrashed around on gigs, at home.

The neck is amazing... i have the thing tuned down to a standard Bb and then neck is still holding strong.

The EMG pickups are as brutal as you need.

And the finish and choices of woods is awesome for a korean guitar!!!!

o.ò isn t the best MH standard series the LTD 400 nt? o.ò dunno about 450 o.o

anyway,for a 400 series i d buy a f400 if possible,but cost toooooo much xDDD
Get another guitar. Get a Jackson RR3, or Warrior WRMG.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by Snake™
Get another guitar. Get a Jackson RR3, or Warrior WRMG.

A RR3 at 400€? O_o
MLs are very confortable and have a nice playing I would chose the dean all the way
GEAR
Schecter Omen-6 FloydRose (Gloss Black)
Boss: Metal Zone
Boss: Pw- 10 v-wah
Boss: Ac-2
Crate: BX-40 Bass Amp
Classic Guitar
Schecter: Omen-4 Diamond Series Bass (Walnut Satin)
Peavey huge amp (I dont have it yet just saw it 1 time)
Last edited by dante_3_16 at Sep 14, 2008,
go for a jackson, theyre good, electric guitars, made for metal, with IMO perfect craftsmanship

Just IMHO tho
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by guitarmaniac88
deans are really heavy metal, like dimebag darrel, so go with it.

although they are perfect for metal they are for many other things

This ML is a really great guitar for your money get it
GEAR
Classic Guitar
I usually play a stratocaster replica with a thin neck...i heard that deans have a ****ing fat neck,so it d be unconfortable o.ò am i mistaking?
Quote by ZaÐ
I usually play a stratocaster replica with a thin neck...i heard that deans have a ****ing fat neck,so it d be unconfortable o.ò am i mistaking?

yes you are mistaking i had an ML at it had a really thin neck very confortable overall guitar
GEAR
Classic Guitar
Page 1 of 2