I have absolutely NONE of that garbage
53 37%
Between half and a little over none
51 35%
I meet about halfway...
24 17%
Between half and a little under all
11 8%
ALL of my music i could easily listen to on Much, As long as I VOTE ;)
5 3%
Voters: 144.
Page 1 of 2
Just kinda wonderin how much of The Pit actually still listens to what comes on TV, popular radio stations, etc., like all that pop (ex. Jonas Brothers ), or rap, or mainstream rock (ex. Foo Fighters), or whatever. Because I just turned on MuchMusic for the first time in about a year, and everything was like, Li'l Wayne, The Game, Jonas Brothers, etc., who I didn't even know existed (excluding the Jonas Brothers, everyone knows who they are). So, how many of you Pit monkeys still have that stuff on your pc, iPod, whatever.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Sep 14, 2008,
Depends. I listen to bands (some of which have huge fanbases) but they don't really get much radio airplay.
I learn how to play Rihanna songs out of some desperate hope they'll help me get the girls....

don't have then on my PC though so I'm safe ......i watch them on youtube
i listen to mainstream RAWK still

like Biffy Clyro n shizz

i hardly listen to mainstream pop or rap however because its perverse
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
I listen to music I like.

Mainstream rarely fit in that category, and the few songs that do, rarely get played- if at all.

So no, I don't listen to radio anymore.
nope

rap sucks
hip hop can skip on outta here
and the jonas brothers are obviously sexually confused
Quote by soulflyV
What do you mean by 'still'?
Well most everyone listened to that stuff, even if it was when they were a kid. Like, when I was five, I listened to a lot of the Backstreet Boys (yeah I know, self- ). But I also listened to Primus, so that's not so bad.
Don't mind me, just lurking for a stupid post to pounce on.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
When i was younger my bigger brother got me into Linkin Park and pretty much after that mainstream was gone.
There are a few good mainstream artistis, but the only one I can think of righgt now is Lil Wayne
1968 - 1996

Remember... Everything.
If it's good music, I'll listen to it.
The Pit. The Movie.
Rap isn't the only form of mainstream. Foo Fighters and Metallica are incredibly mainstream. I listen to bands that I like, and most of them are reasonably mainstream (Lamb of God, Machine Head, Slayer, etc.)
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
I still like the "well known" stuff like AC/DC, Led Zepellin, Metallica, etc. I also have some quirky tastes, for example Jamiroquai.

I just listen to music I like. I don't care if it's mainstream or not, but it is extremely rare that mainstream media puts out music I deem "worthy" anymore.
Quote by CoBRaGe
When i was younger my bigger brother got me into Linkin Park and pretty much after that mainstream was gone.

Errr, k koo'!

Quote by Vermintide
I still like the "well known" stuff like AC/DC, Led Zepellin, Metallica, etc. I also have some quirky tastes, for example Jamiroquai.

I just listen to music I like. I don't care if it's mainstream or not, but it is extremely rare that mainstream media puts out music I deem "worthy" anymore.

Good post good post. I think there is mainstream then there is mainstream, ya know?
Quote by CrazyDavey
Depends. I listen to bands (some of which have huge fanbases) but they don't really get much radio airplay.
Well yeah that's why I carefully worded the first post. Cause I mean, Children of Bodom's fanbase is pretty big, but I mean, they'd never get any airtime (except for that one show on MTV or maybe MuchLoud)
Quote by mr freezy
You bastard!

Damn you! That one snuck past me until you pointed it out.
The Pit. The Movie.
I think half of my music is mainstream.. not all the songs are that bad, offcourse most of them probally dont write their music themselves but that doesnt keep it from being a catchy song
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
I've never liked mainstream music. Just as I was getting into music all the rubbish rap (by that I mean all the fake rap that became so predictable and tasteless, not the good rap of the mid-90's) and pop like Britney Spears was becoming popular.

Anyway, they still play stuff like metal, punk and all the "good" music on mainstream radio stations, you just have to stay up 'till 2 in the morning to listen to it.

EDIT: I do have CD's/ songs on my iPod from popular bands such as Foo Fighters, Metallica, Muse etc. but when I think mainstream, I think emo, rap/ hip hop and all their cousins, pop punk etc.
Last edited by Weenie_Beenie at Sep 14, 2008,
I really don't like the poll options, they could have been much better. I listen to very little modern music as I hate alot of the indie and pop music that comes out of Britain now a days.
Sadly, I technically listen to Lil Wayne because he guested on one of my favorite Outkast songs.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by GiantRaven
Define mainstream?

I bought Slipknots album yesterday...they're pretty mainstream
Yeah that's why i checked the second choice, cause I bought Psychosocial and Indestructible, and both of those are pretty big (Indestructible has sold about 10 million copies worldwide and Psychosocial was number 1 on the chart)
Quote by Pat_s1t
Yeah that's why i checked the second choice, cause I bought Psychosocial and Indestructible, and both of those are pretty big (Indestructible has sold about 10 million copies worldwide and Psychosocial was number 1 on the chart)

I got myself Indestructible too, even the special edition.
Not many people in Germany know Disturbed so I don't consider them mainstream.
Think you don't listen to mainstream and never have? Two words: Daft Punk.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
I listen to stuff which was mainstream in the 80s and then everything else is underground i guess.
well not underground, if i say i listen to BTBAM, Opeth, The Faceless and such IRL nobody will know what im on about but on the internet they do.
+ i listen to a few japanese bands and then not even anybody knows what im on about on the internet.
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

I do listen to a lot of mainstream metal, but when it comes to the stereotypical mainstream music (Pussycat Dolls, Britney Spears all those retard gansta rappers etc.)... I don't listen to that at all.

Except of that I love The Jonas Brothers. They will save rock music.
Quote by Vermintide

Jamiroquai is awesome! There's some well funky stuff there...

Also, I don't think Daniel Beddingfield is terrible...I'm working with a friend on an acoustic percussive cover of I Can't Read You. It's gonna be wickedcool
Some people wait a lifetime, some simply accept...

...Some of us crash land, some of us eject...

...Some restore the blood flow, some just let it go and bleed...

...Some of us obsess, some move on to something new
Quote by GeekInThePink
I <3 the Jo Bros!!!

Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Most mainstream doesn't fit into my taste of music.
...What!?
Quote by GeekInThePink
I <3 the Jo Bros!!!

I don't even know who the **** they are
Quote by GeekInThePink
I <3 the Jo Bros!!!

>=(

It's not so much that I hate the Jonas Brothers (although I'm getting close), I really blame Disney for trying to market them as rock.

Don't tread on me or my turf. Especially if everything was handed to you on a silver platter.
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by CTFOD

Actually to you, sir.

Quote by CoBRaGe
I don't even know who the **** they are

Then you should go find out.

NOW.
Page 1 of 2