I've been looking for a small amp for use in my room at university and from a bit of research these seem to be my best options.

I don't think I will be able to try any of the amps and I'm wondering which is best for me.

I'm looking for an amp that can cover jazzy cleans, Mark Knopfler style cleans and blues rock. If possible I would like it to cover Eric Johnson type sounds and more modern progressive rock type sounds. I'm playing a sss strat if that helps.

Also what is the build quality on these amps like? and how do the acoustic models on the Roland and Line6 sound?

Thanks for any help you can give.
DA5 is the best out of the IMO. Built like a rock.
The Da5 is better for what he plays. I would give the cube the rec if he was playing mostly metal.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
The Vox DA5 probably sounds better cos it has a bigger speaker, get the Microcube only if you want to play really high gain stuff (the Vox can handle hard rock/80's metal but probaby not more than that). Check some videos out, there are probably some demos on youtube. Also, I think the Vox site has audio demos.

EDIT: I recommend the DA5.
Last edited by the_wayward_one at Sep 14, 2008,
Thanks for the help. I had been leaning towards the DA5, is its build quality OK?

Still no mention of the Micro Spider?
Quote by no. 380059
Thanks for the help. I had been leaning towards the DA5, is its build quality OK?

Still no mention of the Micro Spider?

The build quality should be good, Vox makes pretty good amps. Just don't go throwing it around . Well i haven't heard the micro spider but it probably sounds like the normal spider series in that case both the microcube and DA5 are very much superior.
Quote by no. 380059

Read this regarding the durability of the Da5, it's an epic thread.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834418&highlight=vox+da5+warranty My Da5 has taken a few tumbles with no issues.
There is a reason nobody is mentioning the spider, shhhhh.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Read this regarding the durability of the Da5, it's an epic thread.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=834418&highlight=vox+da5+warranty My Da5 has taken a few tumbles with no issues.
There is a reason nobody is mentioning the spider, shhhhh.

I just now read that thread.

Lulz were had.
Quote by gregs1020
The Da5 is better for what he plays. I would give the cube the rec if he was playing mostly metal.

+1
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Just before I make up my mind, what are the effects like on the DA5? Especially the delay.
Quote by no. 380059
Just before I make up my mind, what are the effects like on the DA5? Especially the delay.

All the effects are good, save the Auto-wah. It can be utilized for certain things, though.

The delay is actually quite good. As is the chorus.