I've been playing guitar(acoustic) for almost a year now. I've got all the basic chords down and can switch between them without trouble now. I have started to learn to barre chords, so I figured i might as well learn the two that are used the most first. I have been messing around with those two chords for about a month now and I can't seem to see any impovement. I know there are shortened ways to play these two chords but I don't want to take the easy way out and use them. I know, I know, practice practice practice, but are there any ways to make these two chords a little easier, something that I'm missing....I've gotten it down to where if I take my time, and make sure I do the chord right, I dont' hear any buzzing/muted strings, but it does take me a good 4-5 seconds to make sure my fingers are in the right position to play it. Is there any exercises that will make these worthless barre chords easier to play, almost thru my darn guitar across the room the other day because of it lol.
I prefer playing them on higher frets. It's harder to barre on the first fret than it is on the 7th fret. Try that?
I would do what LordPino suggested. Since the frets get narrower as they go higher, then its going to be easier to practice them at, say, fret 6 or 7.
Well LordPino, its funny that you mention the higher frets, because i can do barre chords almost perfect past the 3rd fret. So what you are saying is practice down the neck farther and just use the short cut chords for F and B Minor, I can do those fine. Martindecorum, yes I do have guitar pro.
Quote by LordPino
I prefer playing them on higher frets. It's harder to barre on the first fret than it is on the 6th fret. Try that?

Edited for correctness.

EDIT: Nvm, I thought he say Bbm, not Bm