so i believe black sabbath was the first to create good metal but a friend of mine said it started in norway, where did metal start and which was the first ''metal'' band?(i do not mean hard rock like zeppelin etc..)
Yes, your friend is right, Norwegian vikings started the whole thing
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

No I think it was John Lennon! Lennon isn't really dead he just fake it up! Lennon = Ozzy!
鋼の錬金術師
yes Black Sabbath started it all, then 1975 Iron Maiden was born and the NWOBHM was made, and then the metal started to take it's real shape
You morons! Cannibal Corpse rose out of the primordial ooze like 8 Billion years ago and totally started metal... idiots.
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
It started with Sabbath in Brum.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
It all started when someone cummed blood. From the semen contained in the blood, was born a child called ...

HEAVY METAL!

Quote by Jack Off Jill
"Son, always carry a medical glove in your pocket in case you wind up in a bathroom that has no toilet paper, and you get constipated."
We get this very same thread at least once a week.

Cream, Hendrix, Steppenwolf were massive influences, Sabbath aren't the be-all and end-all.
Influences and inspirations are completely irrelevant to such topics.

Sabbath were the first. End of story.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
No, Sabbath were the first to bring it all together and popularize it. They didn't invent every aspect of metal overnight, on their own, uninfluenced. The disparate elements which were to become metal were present before Sabbath. Apart from the scary element, I suppose.
But Sabbath were the first "heavy metal" band.
Doesn't matter who had certain influences. By your logic, I could call Led Zeppelin the first Black Metal band because they had distorted guitars, and hard rock elements which then flowed down through the generations into black metal.

Also

@ The sheer n00bery tonight.
Stepping aside for a second,

Quote by TS
so i believe black sabbath was the first to create good metal

Arse.
What Magero said. I'm too lazy to be logical right now, so: I'm right. Acknowledge it, or eat kosher.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
Oh, go do something french that I can later make fun of, or something to that extent...
Only if you use the traditional french battle cry.