ok, i started playing electiric guitar in jan of 07, sickest b-day gift ever, (in case your wondering its a epiphone sg) and last night pretty late i was just messing around writing riffs, and all of a sudden when i play a note or a chord or whatever, no noise comes outta the amp. volum was at half, channel volume was near half, no effects were on, it was set on metal (i have some line 6 amp) and all i got wsa crazy feedback and static. im a noob, and ive no idea how to fix it, i need to know soon cuz the bassist and other guitarists are coming to my house later today to work on new songs. so if anybody is smarter then i am (and you probably are) help an idiot out. ive tried unlpluging it over night, not sure why but i did,ive messed with all the different knobs and stuff, every once in a while it will be fine for a few minutes, then its gone. so could you find it in your hearts to give some advice?

sidenote..... what helps bad sunburn, like tomato colored burn (F***ing marching band)
Yes hmm hmm hmm yes hmm yes i see.

Well rub some lotion on the amp so it doesnt dry out and get flakey. Take your sunburn to the local guitar store and have it looked at.

Ohhhhhh its a spider amp. No amount of lotion will help the dryness, sorry.
people often say its too expensive to fix a broken SS amp, however my friend had his Randall SS amp repaired for like 50 bucks which wasnt too too too bad. plus there is a good chance that its under warranty, which means it will get fixed for free. literally every expensive peice of electronics/musical equipment i own has been repaired under warranty at least once. my fender needed a new neck with a month, my amp has been repaired twice, my macbook pro has been sent away twice for warranty repairs. i could go on and on. this is why i wont buy anything without a warranty (unless its a great deal on used stuff)
but i digress, just take it to the shop where you bought it or contact whom you ordered it from, it is probably under warranty.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Uhhhhhhhhhh........

Does it not sound like a ****ed up cable or guitar/amp jack to nobody else...? lol

He DID say he was an idiot

As for your sunburn. AfterSun lotion, worked wonders for me!
Available at all good pharmacy's
My Gear:
Jackson RR3 + Bill Lawrence L500XL

Sennheiser EW500 Wireless
T-bone EWS wireless
IbanezTS9
MXR 6Band EQ
Ibanez WD7
Decimator

Peavey VK100
Epiphone ValveJunior
Kustom Quad100DFX 2x12
MicroCube!
Marshall 1960A 4 x 12
Quote by ianguitargod
Uhhhhhhhhhh........

Does it not sound like a ****ed up cable or guitar/amp jack to nobody else...? lol

He DID say he was an idiot

As for your sunburn. AfterSun lotion, worked wonders for me!
Available at all good pharmacy's

Either his cable died (or is dying) or the output jack on the guitar is on it's way out.
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Quote by forsaknazrael
As for your sunburn...I don't know. I'm of the more colored variety of people. We are above sunburns.

+1
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
<---- meh, that's you.

it could be a number of things... as said. check the cables and jacks. try a different guitar or cable. take it to a shop, see if they can fix it. or upgrade to a nicer amp.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
aloe lotion helps sunburns...
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"