Was considering making the pur-chase of this lump of sex. Was wondering if anyone here knew much about them and their limitations. I hear they're mainly metal guitars and was wondering if anyone knew how adept they would be for playing punk in say, a rise against style.

Its such an awesome looking thing in both color schemes I'd be tempted to buy it and upgrade it anyways. What kind of pickup change around would i be looking at doing to achieve a more punk sound from it? I do play a lot of metal too so thats all good.

Finding one locally is just not happening so testing it out is going to require a lot of effort which i cba with if its just not going to perform well enough in punk music.
umm. Hmm for punk do you really need a trem? if so go for an S series if you don't mind the looks, otherwise look for a fixed bridge RG. That edge III bridge is made of poor materials and will lose tuning stability if you are a heavy trem user. If you're a light user you might be ok with it, but its probably easier to go without.

EDIT: for the same price you could get a jackson dk2 dinky which is imo a much better guitar. You could get an RGR421 FM which has a flame maple top and you would also save some money for better pickups
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Last edited by Deep*Kick at Sep 14, 2008,
I would like a tremolo yeah because i do like to play metal too. The jackson does like very appealing though.

Was also mayhaps considering a schecter c-1 hellraiser
C-1 hellraisers and C-1 Blackjacks are great quality guitars. The necks on schecters are a little thicker than those on the jackson and ibanez though, and have a different feel it's unfortunate you can't test them out.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.