So my computer just got completly re-formatted
I lost all my programs and my music
I'm re-downloading itunes right now but I don't want to have to re-download all my music
Is it possible to transfer my music from my ipod to itunes?
Member #49 of the Nirvana Fan Club
did you buy it all?
if you did then when itunes is ready click file>sync purchases from ipod
if its not all bought then try finding the ipod in my computer and getting the files from that.
Yeah, there's a program. Or if you can't be bothered looking just open the iPod in explore when you plug it in, go to Tools>Folder Options and select show hidden files go to control then go to music and select the folders and transfer them across to your computer then re add them to iTunes.
There's a few programs out there that can accomplish your task. Personally, I've used Yamipod before and it worked just fine. If you look for your tunes through windows explorer, you're going to get frustrated because they aren't stored in a coherent way on the ipod.
Quote by gunak87
There's a few programs out there that can accomplish your task. Personally, I've used Yamipod before and it worked just fine. If you look for your tunes through windows explorer, you're going to get frustrated because they aren't stored in a coherent way on the ipod.

But it's not a problem if he wants them all on the computer, plus they still have all the artist and song details stored so they'll appear fine in iTunes.
I've had this problem too.

I did what ForgottenBoy said.

So, once you're in the iPod_Control folder, you just select all those "F##" folders and drag them into iTunes? And it works fine?
Thanks alot for the help
Got my itunes back in order again (Y)
Member #49 of the Nirvana Fan Club