http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/6434/a1yk7.jpg Hey guys, I was in guitar center yesterday just poking around and lookie what I found hehehe as if I didn't have enough guitars as is. However the pickups. Kinda blahhh any Ideas just in case I feel bold and want to swap them? The neck is pure awesome. I really wanted something that I can get real nice clean strat esque tones. I love the thing!
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by milkmanv1
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/6434/a1yk7.jpg Hey guys, I was in guitar center yesterday just poking around and lookie what I found hehehe as if I didn't have enough guitars as is. However the pickups. Kinda blahhh any Ideas just in case I feel bold and want to swap them? The neck is pure awesome. I really wanted something that I can get real nice clean strat esque tones. I love the thing!

What kind of music do you play?
Are those active pickups?

And if you wants real, Strat-esque sorta sound, maybe look at Fender pickups.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
OOOOO.....'80s Ibanez Roadstar ftw. Made in Japan and can tear it up with the best of them. Nice score. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by mogar
OOOOO.....'80s Ibanez Roadstar ftw. Made in Japan and can tear it up with the best of them. Nice score. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

It's got an Edge Original too! IT'S ALL GOOD!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
sexc
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
ur axe´s level of fail are so high i got an eye tumor just for a quick glance. any note played on it will eventually transfer to imminent faggotry
Current Gear:

Electric Guitar: Ibanez RG T1
Acoustic Guitar: Dean CSCM
Soundbox: Line 6 POD X3 LIVE
Amp: Ibanez 15W Tone Blaster
Quote by Dutch Kike
ur axe´s level of fail are so high i got an eye tumor just for a quick glance. any note played on it will eventually transfer to imminent faggotry

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Some people just don't appreciate guitars that aren't nu metal machines. God. I payed like 500 for it. Which I know is prolly way more then its worth. But I love the thing. I Play rock and metal mostly however play real gentle stuff as well. However these pickups are NOT active they are ibanez emg knockoffs that sound pretty good. But I feel like I could get better pups for it. I might not even change them.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by Graveworm
Looks like crap.

But congrats.

Harsh, but true. I don't like the colour of that thing, it's a real eye sore. But if it works for you then thats fair enough, you could have done a lot worse
Quote by EatShreddies
Harsh, but true. I don't like the colour of that thing, it's a real eye sore. But if it works for you then thats fair enough, you could have done a lot worse

Like a BC RICH WARBEAST?!?
Guitars:
'13 MIM Fender Strat - '05 Epi G-400
Amps:
Fender HRD - VHT Special 6 Ultra -
Jet City JCA20H - Mesa Rectifier 2x12
Pedulz:
Slash Wah - OCD v1.7 - Red Llama MKII -
Big Muff Pi - Carbon Copy - Phase 90 - Ditto Looper
Quote by milkmanv1
Some people just don't appreciate guitars that aren't nu metal machines. God. I payed like 500 for it. Which I know is prolly way more then its worth. But I love the thing. I Play rock and metal mostly however play real gentle stuff as well. However these pickups are NOT active they are ibanez emg knockoffs that sound pretty good. But I feel like I could get better pups for it. I might not even change them.

Don't get mad at us that because your guitar looks like it came out of a 60s washroom.
Yeah I have to admit that color looks horrid.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I actually like the color. Congrats man, looks cool.
deviantART ||| flickr
┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘┌( ^_^)┘
last.fm zune
coryklok is my e-hubby! ^_^
rip Billy Mays <3
Sorry if you don't like pale blue...don't be an ass about it. I happen to like the color.

Oh might I add. OMG It's not black like EVERY other new ibanez...WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!?!?!
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by milkmanv1
Sorry if you don't like pale blue...don't be an ass about it. I happen to like the color.

Oh might I add. OMG It's not black like EVERY other new ibanez...WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?!?!?!

Ehhh, don't listen to them. From what I hear, Roadsters are awesome.

Once again though, what style of music do you play?
I play rock and metal for the most part. But I would like to switch over for some nice cleans. So I was thinking maybe Hot Humbucker in the bridge hot single coil in the neck and a nice clean middle single coil. I mean I'm not sure if I'm definitely going to change them. However from what I hear pickup changes are pretty simple and doesn't take to long.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by milkmanv1
I play rock and metal for the most part. But I would like to switch over for some nice cleans. So I was thinking maybe Hot Humbucker in the bridge hot single coil in the neck and a nice clean middle single coil. I mean I'm not sure if I'm definitely going to change them. However from what I hear pickup changes are pretty simple and doesn't take to long.

I don't know if it would be worth it, considering the difference in sound between pickups is pretty subtle. Maybe some active EMG's? If I were you, I'd get a Fernandez Sustainer neck pickup. It's really fun to play with.
Haha I admit its not the most attractive looking guitar in the world. but hey at least its not black and has an alright color. However they seem pretty rare so I wouldn't count on finding a red one or a black one. But the key points aren't looks.The key is the neck which is so much fun playing that it's definitely better then sex
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Its looks pretty frekin sweet but i never was an ibanez fan but that doesnt even bother me as much as that color! haha i just cant... ugh!
No worries. However Its definitely on par with the jems in terms of playability I mean its not as nice as the pgm I played for a second when I was at guitar center but its damn nice. The color grows on you hahah
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Don't do this to me!!!

Now I want one and I know exactly were to get one (same model as your, colour and everything)... but I should be kind to my wallet.

Atleast I have one allready
Empty tankard! Empty Tankard!
IIT: People bashing a wonderful color.

I like it TS
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
I dig it
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
You know i was opening this thread and thinking to myself "Bah i can't beleive threads like this bragging about buying some shit peice are allowed", but then i opened the picture and was pleasently surprised.

Roadstars are my forte, and i've had three of them pass through my rig with one staying (four in total).

http://img37.echo.cx/img37/6185/dsc008283jc.jpg
http://img150.echo.cx/img150/4882/dsc008312qk.jpg
http://img126.echo.cx/img126/2342/dsc008306lj.jpg

the D-S-S strat-esque pickup set they put in them are (strangely) not EMG's but made by EMG. Ibanez simply contracted the factory to produce them, however they're Ibanez's specification so i don't quite know what to make of them. In mine they produce a real nice, ballsy tone - but both the Hum's are coil tapped (push-button knobs) and they have a right roar with a nice blues tone on the amp.

As far as i'm aware most roadstar (2's) were made in the FujiGen Gakki warehouse - and some of the most legendary planks have come out of there. I think the origional Roadstar series was made in the Hoshino Gakki factory, but both are not very dissimilar in build quality and i've seen plenty knocking about from both that are in good condition.

Definitley give it some TLC, they're special guitars so don't let it go to waste!
Ug's Stupidest Member of the Year - 2005