Page 1 of 2
I will be playing classic rock/metal on it and I am getting a Boss GT-10 effects processor also (I already have the DS-1 Distortion). I only have a 15-Watt Ibanez Toneblaster and I know the 75-Watt is a lot but I think it is the right amp for the right job because I will get a lot of use out of it.
No. How many threads do you have to make? Nobody with amp experience is going to recommend that horrid amp, especially for gigs.

Listen to people that made good suggestions in your other threads.

Also, DONT get that GT-10.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
No. How many threads do you have to make? Nobody with amp experience is going to recommend that horrid amp, especially for gigs.

Listen to people that made good suggestions in your other threads.

Also, DONT get that GT-10.

Why not? It has really great effects.
he just wants people to say yes so he keeps trying.
he doesn't understand that it's a piece of shit and basically is determined to buy it but wants positive answers no matter how many trys it takes.
Single Pedals > GT-10
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by t_y_l_e_r
I have that exact same amp. I love it. I think its a great practice amp.

The peavey or the spider III?
Do a search pleeeease

*dies a little inside*
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by mcrfobtai
The vypyr is a decent practice amp. What's your budget?

Up to $500
NO, the 75-Watt Line 6 Spider III is NOT a good amp for a school talent show.

Go tube or go home. However, I kinda like the Ibanez Toneblaster series. (Braces for flame war). It has nice metal tones, (lots of feedback) and can clean up nicely.

But that is just my opinion.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

the GT-10 wont work with a spider. FX+modeller=/=good
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
NO, the 75-Watt Line 6 Spider III is NOT a good amp for a school talent show.

Go tube or go home. However, I kinda like the Ibanez Toneblaster series. (Braces for flame war). It has nice metal tones, (lots of feedback) and can clean up nicely.

But that is just my opinion.

It's an awesome amp. I disagree with your "go tube or go home" comment. Not everyone likes tubes!!

So this post is remotely on topic. Stay away from Spider III series amps, they really scream of "I had my mom buy this for me."
Quote by sargasm
There are no genres in metal that end with "core."
Well if he plays the Spider at a lowish volume, and uses a PA to mic it up, surely it'd sound ok?
Quote by mcrfobtai
But you have a TBX halfstack?

What's your point?
Quote by sargasm
You said a spider combo screams "mother bought this" but you have a cheap solid state halfstack? I think that screams my mom bought this a hell of a lot more.
Nice logical jump there. Why would mommy buy me such a big loud amplifier?! All she needs is more noise around here.

*EDIT*

Good job derailing the topic for your righteous crusade. Get over yourself.
Quote by sargasm
Last edited by `digitaL.braVo at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Nice logical jump there. Why would mommy buy me such a big loud amplifier?! All she needs is more noise around here.

Hmmm....

Your candor resembles that of a 13 year old.

The tone on both are lacking IMO, but I don't like stiff, fizzy amps.
Good job you picked up on my sarcasm. Cookie for you.

You don't like "stiff, fizzy amps" well I don't feel like it's "stiff" or "fizzy" so that's why it is your opinion and no one twists your arm to buy one.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by `digitaL.braVo

*EDIT*

Good job derailing the topic for your righteous crusade. Get over yourself.

Really, becuase I know some people who went and had mommy buy them the cool looking halfstack even if it sounded like shit (Like the TBX). As for my "righteous crusade," I don't hate solid state amps. In fact there are many that I love. I just dislike the shit one, in the same way that I don't like valvekings.
You know what? I think the peavey vypyr is gonna gonna be the classic 30 of SS amps. Everyone is gonna recommend it without even trying it.
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
You know what? I think the peavey vypyr is gonna gonna be the classic 30 of SS amps. Everyone is gonna recommend it without even trying it.

Agreed. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the Vypyr. I prefer the Vox AD series
Quote by mcrfobtai
Really, becuase I know some people who went and had mommy buy them the cool looking halfstack even if it sounded like shit (Like the TBX). As for my "righteous crusade," I don't hate solid state amps. In fact there are many that I love. I just dislike the shit one, in the same way that I don't like valvekings.

Your idiocy astounds and bores me. I'm done arguing with morons like you over my amp on this forum, you really should read up on the rules since comments like the above actually deserve a warning.
Quote by sargasm
Quote by mcrfobtai
Agreed. Although I wasn't a huge fan of the Vypyr. I prefer the Vox AD series

I love the AD series, they are the best SS modeling amps in that price range.
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
I love the AD series, they are the best SS modeling amps in that price range for light-gain genres.

Fixed
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by dude9521
Why not? It has really great effects.

but shit tone, you dont understand, most amps only have "sweet effects" so newbs like you wont notice its tone is angry bees in a tin can being kicked down the stairs,
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by `digitaL.braVo
Your idiocy astounds and bores me. I'm done arguing with morons like you over my amp on this forum, you really should read up on the rules since comments like the above actually deserve a warning.

If your amp sounds good, how bout some clips? Though I may be a tad biased when I listen I will try my best to give an unbiased critique of the sound.

To the TS: F-30 would be great if you can find one, a classic 30 with an OD would be a good choice, if you need effect then a used flextone wouldn't be bad.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Last edited by Kevin Saale at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by `digitaL.braVo

But you can tell people that their moms buy them amps based on the amps they want? That's called flaming, and you want to report people for responding to your idiocy? Plus, you don't have the right to say what you said about the spider, seeing as you do own a TBX halfstack. It's like someone with a Ford Focus telling someone their Honda Civic sucks.

PS: Yngwi3, I do own a Cube. The R-Fier, brit combo and clean settings are kick-ass.
Last edited by DerekTheDominoe at Sep 14, 2008,
Page 1 of 2