Well, ive played the guitar for a couple of years now but never gone to a teacher or any that kind of stuff so i dont know much about the instrument itself.

However, i got a fender classic player 50's guitar (strat), with a 2 point tremolo. I was wondering if i could block it or anything, since i never use the tremolo anyway?
As of now ive just tightened the springs so that the stable (if its called that) is pressed towards the body, i know its supposed to be a little gap there but it seems to work alright.
Ive heard something about clapton blocking his tremolo or something, but i dont remember how or anything, just a memory of that ive heard something about it.

Long question short; can i bloc the tremolo?
you can definitely do it,my guitar teacher has blocked most of his tremolo systems,but im not sure HOW you do it
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
why would u block the tremolo on a strat, just take the damn bar off. unless you have a floyd, which can be blocked with a piece of wood in the back of the guitar
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
Quote by Sean-Man
why would u block the tremolo on a strat, just take the damn bar off. unless you have a floyd, which can be blocked with a piece of wood in the back of the guitar

Stabilises the tuning apparantly
Quote by Mike!
This man IS the truth.

Quote by aznmetalhead93
Walk out naked with a sock around your dick. He'll be so surprised he won't shoot you. Then rape him. Hard. With melted butter as lube.

Join the Xbox Live group
Quote by andreasthn
Well, ive played the guitar for a couple of years now but never gone to a teacher or any that kind of stuff so i dont know much about the instrument itself.

However, i got a fender classic player 50's guitar (strat), with a 2 point tremolo. I was wondering if i could block it or anything, since i never use the tremolo anyway?
As of now ive just tightened the springs so that the stable (if its called that) is pressed towards the body, i know its supposed to be a little gap there but it seems to work alright.
Ive heard something about clapton blocking his tremolo or something, but i dont remember how or anything, just a memory of that ive heard something about it.

Long question short; can i bloc the tremolo?

That guitar has locking tuners, it's not like it's gonna go out of tune easily. I use mine with Ritchie Blackmore style trem action, and it stays in tune.
Cam Sampbell's my hero