I played a live show yesterday, and was concerned at how low i had to run my amp at, have a look at the master volume level here ....

The amp was certainly not quiet, as it was an outdoor gig, and it was running at 60 of the 100 availble watts. Is it worth getting an attentuator, because i never get to crank my amp really....
I was mostly pleased with my tone, but im wondering if i might be missing out on a much better sound, what do you think?
Well, attenuators can colour your tone. Sometimes in a negative way as well.

On the plus side, you do get that 'power amp' distortion sound so you'll get more sustain and the amp will sound a little more lively. You'll run through tubes quicker though.

If you play relatively loud and you don't need to attenuate TOO MUCH, then it would be beneficial in my books.
lol why didn't you just say
**** YOU
IM CRANKING MY MESA.
that's what i would have done, but you didn't really say what tone you were using it for and why you had it soo low, so care to explain more?
idk if you need a attenuator cause it might be useless to you, especially if this is a one time thing. it could also just be that the mesa like most mesa's ARE ****ING LOUD so you see the volume knob is low doesn't necessarily mean it quiet.
Quote by convictionless
lol why didn't you just say
**** YOU
IM CRANKING MY MESA.
that's what i would have done, but you didn't really say what tone you were using it for and why you had it soo low, so care to explain more?
idk if you need a attenuator cause it might be useless to you, especially if this is a one time thing. it could also just be that the mesa like most mesa's ARE ****ING LOUD so you see the volume knob is low doesn't necessarily mean it quiet.

Id love to crank it, but if it was any louder it drouned out the vocals, and we had a 700watt PA setup going. I was using a high gain metal tone, not super high gain though, metallica'ish. But the only reason it was quiet was so the vocals could be heard.
Tell you what, next time i can ill push it louder, and unless the tone is noticably better, i think ill keep it how it is, because at the end of the day i like the tone im getting atm