Well. It finally happened.

I'm tired of playing bass, and being drafted into bands because I'm the only bass player available.
I'm tired of playing song's that i cant be arsed to play, or are just too easy.
And I'm tired of being looked down on because I play bass.

SO

Even though i've been playing acoustic on the odd occasion, i'm going to start it for good.

The main thing's I'd love to learn are songs by Newton Faulkner and John Butler Trio.

Can UG guide me on what I should do to advance my skills?
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
john butler trio?

get a twelve and play ocean, i will hate you forever for being awesome

but i see what you mean about playing bass, sucks having no competition to get in then being told to play root notes for the whole song =[

but yeah to improve i would say get a teacher for about 6 months/ a year help you get your techniques up, and self teach after that
Teacher is out of the question :/ After having bass lesson's for 2 years, my parents are quite...embittered towards lessons?

As for ocean - i've started learning it already - only on a 6 string. And to be fair, i've learnt a fair bit.....right until he decides to be an arsehole and make it impossible :P
Quote by FightinIrishPJ
It's an acoustic, slow it down, get some lemonade, go to the beach, play "i'm yours" by jason mraz, get women...
Quote by tom the taffer

Even though i've been playing acoustic on the odd occasion, i'm going to start it for good.

The main thing's I'd love to learn are songs by Newton Faulkner and John Butler Trio.

Can UG guide me on what I should do to advance my skills?

One of us! One of us!

try to learn 'people should smile more' by newton faulkner

my only advice would be to practice until you cant see your fingerprints
ive heard of a "bassist" before, but i didnt know they were real until now!!!

lol jk, what i'd do is learn all of the major chords at least, then start fingerpickin after that
Pot
Kettle
Black
Quote by A Rolling Stone
ive heard of a "bassist" before, but i didnt know they were real until now!!!

lol jk, what i'd do is learn all of the major chords at least, then start fingerpickin after that

Its around about now i'd dive on top of you, and repeatedly bash your skull into the ground.
However - I've just realised, I'm not actually a bassist anymore :/

But yeah, i thought i'd may as well learn the chords that you speak of.

*goes to search for People should smile more*
Eesh I love that song...never thought of learning it.
Quote by FightinIrishPJ