ight, i'm on like my 4th year of playing, i have been doing lead for about 2 or so of them. and now like within the past 6 months or whatnot i've been only playing lead, and i havent written hardly any rythem except for a riff that is someting like;

e-----------------------------------------------
-------------3-----------------------------------
----------4----4---------4--------------------------
d------4---------4----4-----2--------------------------
A---2---------------2----------0------------------------
E----------------------------------------------------

and they get boaring after like 20 measures. i would like to know what would be some good bands to start learning songs.
i'm in to bands like Avenged Sevenfold; Creed; Bullet for my vallentine; My chemical romance and i want to know some other bands that could fit an area of them so i can learn some more riffs, and it doesn't matter how "hard" the riff is because if it is "hard" i'll just push my self.

thanks for the help
curently composes with Guitar Pro 5. amazing peace of software. i'd recomend it. and Samplitude recording studio.

myspace.com/somethingstarted
there is no e in rythm...
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Vox AD30VT
Play a simple chord progression with leads, or something that makes it interesting. Say like you do some power chords, then just go of on what your heard tells you to do =o
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by Sikhart
there is no e in rythm...

...but there is an 'h' in it. rhythm*
Quote by ultrablue
...but there is an 'h' in it. rhythm*

touché
My Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Vox AD30VT
yeah just play chords and strum them in different patterns and come up with cool leads over top it to start...then u can start combining rhythm with some lead lines for fills
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"