How do the metal muff pedals react with tube amps? My style is metallica, and will be using a valveking 112. Should i get this or go with something else. Ive also heard the tube screamer was good but i just need your opinions.
There are some good videos on EHX site in case you haven't already checked. To me, they sound quite 'dry', ie. not much mid-bass. Could probably be solved by EQ'ing though.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

You shouldn't need a metal muff witha valveking. supposedly they do thrash well on their own but all you should need is a OD to push it to Metallica
Quote by mcrfobtai
You shouldn't need a metal muff witha valveking. supposedly they do thrash well on their own but all you should need is a OD to push it to Metallica

all lies, you have been talking to fan boys lately.
yes a metal muff would be great in a metal muff. but with great distortion comes a great amount of time eqing it to you liking cause it can do so many sounds.
Quote by convictionless
yes a metal muff would be great in a metal muff. but with great distortion comes a great amount of time eqing it to you liking cause it can do so many sounds.

What?

Anyways yeah i hear pedals work best with tube amps and the metal muff is good. It should be fine. But you could try it out.
Quote by convictionless

hmm, really don't think it should need a metal muff to do metallica. I can get some good thrash tones out of my Classic 30 with an od boost.