Hello, I want to purchase a new guitar pedal (A Boss GT-10), and I want to be able to connect my electric guitar to my marshall amp, which will be connected to this new effects pedal. What I was wondering is whether this pedal has the right specs for me to be able to connect it to my external soundcard (my Saffire LE)...so that I can record the guitar in Cubase (a music program).

The description of this pedal says you can "Connect the GT-10 to a wide range of external gear via its rear-panel USB port, where audio and MIDI data can be streamed digitally to computers, digital recorders, or other compatible devices. Safely transfer precious data to and from the GT-10 via USB as well."

Does this do what I want it to do?

Thanks for your help.
But the Saffire has input sockets for Jack leads only...will the pedal still be suitable?
huh?

that $500 monster doesn't have a Line Out? How are you supposed to connect it to an amp? Or is it strickly for recording. I'm having trouble finding specs on it. It has Midi i see. You may need a converter box or preamp device of some kind then if you want to plug your amp in too. Weird. Sorry. I use my Digitech for what I described and it was only $150.
Okay. For real, now. I'm guessing you have a Marshall MG, right?

EDIT: read the godforsaken rules. don't bump after a half hour. its a damned good way to get people to ignore you.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
which Marshall?

if you want the sound that comes from the speaker then you will need a microphone. Then yes, there are preamps that will accept the XLR cable off mic and then USB to PC. Check the M-Audio stuff as I'm too new to this.

If it is an MG for example you might be able to plug the amp into the Mic in on PC but I wouldn't recommend it.
Her Saffire LE isn't a soundcard. it is an interface.

Here are your options.
1) Run a quarter inch cable from the line out of the GT-10 into one of the Instrument ins on the Saffire.
2) Run a quarter inch cable from the line out of the GT-10 into your Marshall, mic the marshall, and run the mic cable into your Saffire.

Edit.
If you don't have a proper monitoring setup and you use option one, you can run a quarter inch cable from the other out on your GT-10 to your Marshall.
If your Marshall is an MG, do not run your GT-10 into it and record. Meaning, use option one. Actually, just don't run your GT-10 into it. Modeling amps and effects pedals do not mix, especially when the amp is an MG. You'll get much better tone out of the GT-10 by itself.

Don't judge me.
Last edited by theoreticmusic at Sep 14, 2008,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^thanks for correcting me

her mistake, not yours.

Don't judge me.