Does anybody know a site where i can hear all the chords, the way its suppose to sound :S?
Guitar: ESP M-50
Amp: Peavey.
Quote by Bass_Wannabe
Spain's the capital of France, right?
Originally Posted by theinnerpalm
this is off topic but... playing guitar can be a lose lose situation in bed for finger foreplay... long nails on one hand, callouses and peeling skin on the other
Can I ask why?
A chord will sound 'right' if you are fretting all the strings correctly. Some chords may sound a bit odd, but that's just the way they are.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by OddOneOut
Can I ask why?
A chord will sound 'right' if you are fretting all the strings correctly. Some chords may sound a bit odd, but that's just the way they are.

Like you said some chords sound a bit odd and if you've only been playing simple chords, all of which sound pretty nice, then you try something new and it sounds awkward, you'll probably wonder if you're doing something wrong
Some of the chords that sound woefull when played by themselves, can sound fantastic when transitioning from one chord to the next. Or in some songs on particular chords i wont play all of the strings. say just the bottom 3 strings or the top 2 or any two plucked, or interspersing the bottom string then the top ones, whatever there is NO hard & fast rules. The sound comming out of your guitar only has to please you
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Quote by boxerb
Like you said some chords sound a bit odd and if you've only been playing simple chords, all of which sound pretty nice, then you try something new and it sounds awkward, you'll probably wonder if you're doing something wrong

I ddn't realise people were that insecure about playing a chord! Id something doesn't sound right to me, I check my fingers are at the right frets and that each string is being fretted properly, then assume its fine.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.