Would using a killswitch on a reverb tank hurt it or the amp in any way? It's a Crate v18 if that matters, I'm tired of having to change my reverb everytime I want to turn it off or on and have a little schem. for a a foot switch/Kill Switch for it, I ouldn't have to solder anything into the amp since it uses RCA jack. ANd I have a few lying around that I would use to wire it up.
Attachments:
Reverb-Kill.jpg
That won't work. It will mute the whole amp.
Unfortunately, to mute the reverb you have to do work inside the amp with the rest of the circuit. The reverb pan is only a small part of the reverb.
Why would you want to put a killswitch on a reverb tank?? That's really pointless imhawo...

That said, I hate killswitches. Very overrated. Just because buckethead or whoever uses them they are automatically awesome.

The only use I see for one is a killswitch pedal so you can kill the signal while hanging guitars or cables during a gig or something.

[/opinionatedpost]

Whatever. Good luck.
Quote by Christ Lover
Nah, I've used it without the reverb plugged in and it works fine.

Just checked the schematic- it's not the "right" way to do it and it might strain the reverb driver tube, but you can do it if you really want.
Quote by Invader Jim
Why would you want to put a killswitch on a reverb tank?? That's really pointless imhawo...

That said, I hate killswitches. Very overrated. Just because buckethead or whoever uses them they are automatically awesome.

The only use I see for one is a killswitch pedal so you can kill the signal while hanging guitars or cables during a gig or something.

[/opinionatedpost]

Whatever. Good luck.

So I can turn it off without having to be right next to the amp, in between songs, and stuff.

Is there a 'right' way to do it? I don't want to screw anything up, thanks for the help.
maybe just buy a reverb pedal?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Quote by Christ Lover
So I can turn it off without having to be right next to the amp, in between songs, and stuff.

Is there a 'right' way to do it? I don't want to screw anything up, thanks for the help.

Oh, I think you mean you want a footswitch.
Quote by Invader Jim

[/opinionatedpost]

Whatever. Good luck.

yeah sorry but i use my killswitch alot just so i dont have to mess with the knobs if i dont want feed back between songs, its just easier.

and TS you should just try it out, or buy a reverb pedal.
The original intent of the post was to have a switch that turns the reverb on or off.

Using the word killswitch was a bad choice, as the killswitch people come in to talk about Buckethead.

What you need is a BYPASS for your reverb. It's basically like an A/B with a return.

The switch selects whether you put the signal into the reverb can or directly back into the amp. Don't kill any signal, just bypass the can.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music