free bump i wanna know to

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

Quote by 67_67
GG&A Settings Thread.

EDIT: Have a link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688660

No, i've already got the settings. But as we all know, it's not JUST settings that makes the sound.

I want to know what kind of pedals i'd need, or even mods for my VK i'd need to get close to this sound.
(if it helps, Jade uses a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rec with Marshall cabs)
O O

___
Jade's list of FX etc. is notoriously elusive. I've looked a lot myself cos I love his tone, but I can't find anything.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Here's better settings.

Treble and Bass at about 2:00
Mids at Noon.

I don't know how much gain the VK has. Just experiment with that.

You're not gonna copy any tone, nearly perfectly. The VK is meant for versatility; it's not great at doing anything.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Haha, Crackhead
Here's better settings.

Treble and Bass at about 2:00
Mids at Noon.

I don't know how much gain the VK has. Just experiment with that.

You're not gonna copy any tone, nearly perfectly. The VK is meant for versatility; it's not great at doing anything.

The Valveking has enough gain on its own to do some Van Halen and shred stuff. With an overdrive it's easily in metal territory.

And actually I think the VK is pretty good for its price, and you can get some pretty good hard rock tones out of it with a speaker swap.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
The Valveking has enough gain on its own to do some Van Halen and shred stuff. With an overdrive it's easily in metal territory.

And actually I think the VK is pretty good for its price, and you can get some pretty good hard rock tones out of it with a speaker swap.

I knew it had plenty of gain. But, I don't know exactly how much. So, I can't really tell him where to set the gain knob.

Yeah, it's very nice for the price. You don't even have to swap the speaker(s).
You just have to break 'em in. They're pretty muddy(or too dry, depending on how you EQ it) for the first several hours. After that, they're good to go.

All I'm saying is that you can't copy an artist's tone very well with this amp.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Once again, i'm NOT ASKING FOR SETTINGS... i've got the settings figured out.

I'm looking for mods, pedals, etc. to get me closer to this tone.

Quote by 67_67
Jade's list of FX etc. is notoriously elusive. I've looked a lot myself cos I love his tone, but I can't find anything.
Yeah, he's VERY private about his equipment. I know he uses a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rec live, but for his recordings he uses some kind of Marshall Plexi combined with a Mesa someting... it's pretty secret, though.

FireandFlames could tell you if he didn't just get permabanned, haha.
O O

___