how does playing through a Line 6 Toneport and GearBox software affect your guitars sound? i wanted to know, since its only 50 bucks for a ****load of effects, amp models etc...would i be able to notice a diference between a gibson les paul and a squier stratocaster or does it kill completely your guitars sound?

thanks
I play a Hellraiser through one of those and the tones are just ass. All of them.
Quote by mrvile

This is UG, we love Schecters and Ibanez and Jacksons, we hate Deans and BCR's, we hate Marshall MG's, and everyone needs a new amp.
nt really but the hi gain needs extreme tweeking till u gt a good tone ders also the metal shop package bt i havent gt that yet
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
I just hate the tones on it, they honestly all sound pretty crap compared to micing up a real amp. I've had one a year now, I only use it to mic up stuff.
Is it good for recording or should I reach for ProTools?

Is there any good recording software that is easy to use and has a good GUI?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Toneports are good for home recording. you wont get studio quality recordings but you can get some good sounds

If you are in a position where you cannot mic up an amp, maybe you cannot make too much noise with your guitar amp at home, or dont have a good enough amp, or there is a lot of background noise that will be picked up by the mic. Then the tone port is a good option, you can plug in headphones to monitor with and make silent recordings.

If you have a good recording environment with no background noise and can really crank your amp up then mic up your amp. if not then a toneport will give you a better recording.
protools sounds nicer
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
If miking an amp is possible, would it be better to get a really nice mic and use audacity, or would toneport be a better decision?
-Instruments-
Squier frankenbass
LTD Deluxe EC-1000 in Vintage Black
1960's Banjuke
Quote by kranoscorp
If miking an amp is possible, would it be better to get a really nice mic and use audacity, or would toneport be a better decision?

audacity

line 6 modeling for the most part sucks
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^