How can i cut the signal from my guitar to the amp without making a killswitch, turning off the power to my amp, or touching the knobs?

I was thinking about a pedal tuner with a bypass setting, but is there a way to do it with something else?
on my guitar, i can turn down a knob on it that is volume for lead, but tone for rhythm, so i can just flip the switch up and down and it cuts
Depends what controls your guitar has, if it has 2 volume controls (one for each pickup or similar) you can turn one all the way down and leave one "on" and use the pickup selector to switch between the two; that's how Tom Morello from RATM does it and he pretty much popularised the killswitch concept.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

If your cable has a circuit breaker button you could use that.
If you have 2 volume knobs on your guitar, turn the volume for one pickup all the way down, other at whatever volume you like. Switch them back and forth, thats what I do.

Also, im not too sure on this, but if you have a footswitch for your amp and your amp has a channel volume you could just set one of the channel volumes all the way down.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.