ok so i pissed my mom off and she took my guitar and threw it onto like a hard surface. luckily, my guitar kicks ass and it's neck broke the fall, i think, but my 6th fret is like roughed up and bent out of place ill try posting pics of it, but does anybody know how i can fix this?thanks
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010089sb5.jpg
http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010090vo6.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010092da2.jpg
http://img300.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010093sr4.jpg
schecter hellraiser son
Wow, your mom is a bitch. Honestly, that looks screwed up. Take it to a professional. But in the mean time, break something of your mom's. If anyone did that to my guitar, I don't know how I'd react.

EDIT: Sorry, that sounded a little harsh. I bet your mom is cool - it's probably that time of the month.

What did you do to piss her off?
she told me to pick up some clothes while i was on UG, she said my uncle was coming over,and i said i was gonna, then she got pissed
schecter hellraiser son
Quote by conval_fan1
she told me to pick up some clothes while i was on UG, she said my uncle was coming over,and i said i was gonna, then she got pissed

Okay, that is a terrible bloody reason for breaking your guitar. Again, UG strikes!!
Quote by conval_fan1
it's an ibanez rg2ex2, itll be scarred for life

Well, first of all, smack that bitch up. Then, afterwards, smacka that bitch up some more.

But seriously, just get it refretted, and hey, at least you'll have a story about the ding on the guitar.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
where could i get it refretted? i dont know any luthiers or anything in my area.
schecter hellraiser son
Quote by conval_fan1
where could i get it refretted? i dont know any luthiers or anything in my area.

Well, unluckily, they are the only guys that could probably do it. Is the guitar a bolt on or a set neck/neck through?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
hmm would hammering the fret into the neck and smoothing out the fret work?
schecter hellraiser son
Quote by conval_fan1
so i cant fix this problem at home?

You could, but it would be a major pain in the arse.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
guitar center might have someone that could repair it, otherwise you could get a new neck since its a bolt on
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Quote by conval_fan1
i see, so i can't just hammer it in?

I dont know too much about repairing guitars, but something tells me thats not a good idea.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
ok im gonna take it to guitarcenter and see what they can do
schecter hellraiser son
if you have money you can buy the necks on ebay. i think any of the current RG series necks will work
Quote by A Rolling Stone
i say get a new mom, then get your new mom to get u a new guitar

hahahahaha Thats the best reply yet!

But seriously... Get a new neck from warmoth.com . Its a great site and you can get many cool features that your previous neck didn't have.

And finally take that old neck and use it the next time she does anything ****ing stupid hahaha
From a guy named Mike
Originally posted by justinhawkins

id knock boots with paris any day, but i bet robert plant has a better-sounding orgasm
haha it would be prtyy cool to have an extra ibanez neck.. those things are like weapons!
schecter hellraiser son
Oh ya... But they're not as good as a Dean Razorback neck... But your old ibanez neck will do hahahaha
From a guy named Mike
Originally posted by justinhawkins

id knock boots with paris any day, but i bet robert plant has a better-sounding orgasm
If you hammer down the fret you can't use a metal hammer. You'll need to find a rubber one. I would also suggest that you sand a block of wood (like oak or something) down to the radius of your fretboard and use that as a brace even if you have a rubber hammer. though I guess you could just use the rubber hammer.

The problem is that after half your fret is kinked upwards, it doesn't want to stay down. What the people at guitar center are going to do is just replace that one fret entirely. It shouldnt cost too much, as it isnt exactly a hard thing to do.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
hmm i think that may be the way to go, a replacement fret, but i gotta make my mom pay for it,it's the least she should do.
schecter hellraiser son
wait what the 6th fret was messed up ?
How on bloody earth did she manage to hit the 6th fret, and leave the rest of the guitar unscathed????
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Pics don't work for me?
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
I don't think it's possible to just change one fret without reshaping all the frets so that they are completely even. But I could be wrong.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
You wouldn't be able to fix that with a hammer. Take it to GC or get a new neck.
Feed your mind.
Quote by HomerSGR
I don't think it's possible to just change one fret without reshaping all the frets so that they are completely even. But I could be wrong.

Replace one fret + fret levelling job.

New neck probably about as expensive though
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73