Pit,

What would happen if i took my wireless router and connect using there phone line, as i am staying for the week as my parents are out of town.

So basicaly i want to be able to have internet access down at my nans, will it be ok to take it down and connect without having extra charges put to her phone bill?

thanks in advance.

Liam
1) "There" implies a place. You mean to say "their," which implies possession.

2) It won't work. Their phone line is not set up to send and receive data from YOUR internet provider. A simple transportation of routers does not enable you to have internet access anywhere on the planet.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Ikey
wont work

yep, the ISP folk have it the information on your internet account connected to the information about your phone number
Unless I'm missing something, you can't connect a wireless router to a phoneline directly even if you tried. Now if they already had an established DSL connection you could easily plug in to that.
well i do beleive though that you can plug your computer in through a phone line and use dial-up. but i may be wrong. and not to mention dial up is dreadfully slow
1642 ELEPHANTS LIVE HERE

Bass Gear
Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass (Active Electronics) (MIM)
Ampeg SVT-7Pro Head
Ampeg SVT-610 Cab
Quote by ldzppln81
well i do beleive though that you can plug your computer in through a phone line and use dial-up. but i may be wrong. and not to mention dial up is dreadfully slow

or hope the neighbours have unsecured wireless that you can temporarily borrow