Page 1 of 9
Well UG, I haz a dillema. I feel the urge to come out to my parents about my sexuality. It will become more obvious now that I am older I have never had an interest in males, and they'll start to wonder. My mom asks me about my opinions of certain men she finds attractive and I try to have to the dullest responses, just to get the point across. I think my dad knows, but I'm not sure. My mom lives in england so she is a bit more naive. I'm expecting a worse response from my mom...they both claim to be supportive of gay rights but I remember when I was younger my mother expressing a lack of understanding of how anyone could be attracted to the same gender or both genders. I'm not sure how to tell them, or really when to tell them. I was kind of leaning towards just being tight lipped about it but dropping hints, as in commenting on attractive females or bringing girls home, ( ) or something of the sort, but then it will take forever for them to realize.

Pit oh Pit, what should I do?
must...not....make....asshole....comments...
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.
"Mom, I'm gay. Like it or not, that's who I am."
"Dad, I'm gay. Let's watch chicks together"
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Dont just bring girls home and spring it on them.

You should sit them down and just tell them. There is no easy way to do it, not that I would know, but the best thing to do is sit them down and have a frank talk with them. They may react angrily or get upset but give them time to come to terms with the news. In time, they should come round to the idea. You are their daughter. It ll be scary and hard but you know you need to do it.

Good luck
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
It's your life mate, i assume you are old enough now to realise that parents dont always know best. Tell them, whatever their reaction be, assure them that this is your choice, and if they arent understanding enough to support their own son's decision then there is really no need to take what they say seriously.
Telling the Pit that you're gay is a no-no..

Otherwise, just tell them if you really feel thats how you are.

EDIT: Also just realized you're a girl.

Honestly i think it would be easier as a girl to come out that you're gay than being a guy and doing it.. its just something.. different i guess..

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
JeanMi36, +1 to you my brother****er! lol, the second one=EPIC WIN!
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
umm you could bring home a parade of lesbian chicks that all have mullets and hiking boots while i take pictures...but thats just a suggestion.
I use a line 6 what of it?
Just bring a girl home, and when they go :O be like "Oh yeah, by the way, I'm gay. Seriously, that's my advice. They're more likely to be more polite and understanding with some random chick they don't know standing there.
Quote by J_J

stupid ppl (they're like slinkies, not good for much, but they make you smile when pushed down the stairs)

Quote by Meths

Holy non-gender specific pronoun Batman!

Quote by freakypop

you dont rly play guitar if you dont shred
Its upto you, i mean its an eventuallity they'll find out, i guess its best to tell them before the catch you doing something... :P But ya know, do it when you feel best, if you think youre dad would respond better, talk to him first, see how he takes it, then discuss if you should tell your mum. Dont be afriad to talk to your parents, especially your dad, dads are worth more than just wallets and taxi's :P
I guess it's the anticipation that is killing me. Randomly telling them I like the ladies will probably put them into shock. Or they may say something like, "Well you are young and you might change".
Just tell your mom.

She'll understand.

Just give her a hug and slowly caress her back. Slow circles, don't scare her.

Give her a kiss on the cheek after. Just to let her know that you're there to comfort her.

yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

*fap* *fap* *fap*
Quote by JeanMi36
"Mom, I'm gay. Like it or not, that's who I am."
"Dad, I'm gay. Let's watch chicks together"

Quote by Z_cup_boy
Well UG, I haz a dillema. I feel the urge to come out to my parents about my sexuality. It will become more obvious now that I am older I have never had an interest in males, and they'll start to wonder. My mom asks me about my opinions of certain men she finds attractive and I try to have to the dullest responses, just to get the point across. I think my dad knows, but I'm not sure. My mom lives in england so she is a bit more naive. I'm expecting a worse response from my mom...they both claim to be supportive of gay rights but I remember when I was younger my mother expressing a lack of understanding of how anyone could be attracted to the same gender or both genders. I'm not sure how to tell them, or really when to tell them. I was kind of leaning towards just being tight lipped about it but dropping hints, as in commenting on attractive females or bringing girls home, ( ) or something of the sort, but then it will take forever for them to realize.

Pit oh Pit, what should I do?

You calling the English naive??

I hope you freeze in a cooker.
Quote by demonmouse500
Just bring a girl home, and when they go :O be like "Oh yeah, by the way, I'm gay. Seriously, that's my advice. They're more likely to be more polite and understanding with some random chick they don't know standing there.

Yeah, but the problem with this is that they'll freak the **** out once the chick is gone. I guess you could do it if you just want your parents to know you're gay and you don't really give a **** about what they think, but otherwise don't do this.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
WTF H4T3BR33d3R

hahahah sick! My total biggest fear is them catching me have sex, oh man, hahaha.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
I guess it's the anticipation that is killing me. Randomly telling them I like the ladies will probably put them into shock. Or they may say something like, "Well you are young and you might change".

How old are you exactly? I mean if your early teen or something like that, then they'll condesend you with "oo teenagers always experiment"..

If your like 17 or something, then id tell them. Pick your time, dont just like say it then run off :P

Some poeple are born this way, nothing to be ashamed about, if they cant accept that, then its there problem. I hope some of the responses have been helpful :P
I am 16. I've had gay crushes all my life though. It is so odd, I feel absolutely no attraction to males whatsoever, but I think when I was younger I had slight crushes on guys, but nothing like girls.

Quote by Potski
ok

wtf i didn't type that up there!!! >.>
Quote by Z_cup_boy
WTF H4T3BR33d3R

hahahah sick! My total biggest fear is them catching me have sex, oh man, hahaha.

What are you implying...

GROSS! WHY WOULD YOU THINK ABOUT THAT? SHE'S YOUR MOM FFS
Quote by Rockwolf
I bet your profile views have probably just gone up by about 10,000,000.

Don't mind her. Just attention whoring through..
Quote by Potski
Don't mind her. Just attention whoring through..

so because i am a gay girl who needs help coming out that automatically makes me an attention *****?
Quote by Z_cup_boy
I am 16. I've had gay crushes all my life though. It is so odd, I feel absolutely no attraction to males whatsoever, but I think when I was younger I had slight crushes on guys, but nothing like girls.

Ah ok, then you should still be in the clear, but at one point prepare for like the "you might change" - i mean you may do, but in the meantime its clearly not like for you. Were those slight crushes on males just because it was like, just because your friends did? Since as young you just go with the crowd, its when you hit teens you either seperate from the crowd, or blend in further.

Well i mean, its clear how you feel, your set on it, so just go for it, if you explain it with the sincerity you have here i cant see it going disasterously -its late and i cba spelling properly :P -, talk to the one who you think will react less explosively. Good luck =]
Quote by Z_cup_boy

wtf i didn't type that up there!!! >.>

I understand your situation. Girls are the most beautiful living creatures.

Well, that said, I'm a male, so... :p
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Anthony1991
Ah ok, then you should still be in the clear, but at one point prepare for like the "you might change" - i mean you may do, but in the meantime its clearly not like for you. Were those slight crushes on males just because it was like, just because your friends did? Since as young you just go with the crowd, its when you hit teens you either seperate from the crowd, or blend in further.

Well i mean, its clear how you feel, your set on it, so just go for it, if you explain it with the sincerity you have here i cant see it going disasterously -its late and i cba spelling properly :P -, talk to the one who you think will react less explosively. Good luck =]

thanks man. I really don't know, any attraction I ever felt could not compare to anything I felt for females.
I think you just need to tell it to them straight (sorry for the pun). Just tell them how it is, and that you've felt like it for a long enough period to know that it's not just your hormones going a-wall or whatever.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
why dont you ask your girlfriend/ other lesbians how they broke the news. and the niave thing in england kinda makes sense. did you know lesbian-ness was never outlawed as no-one wanted to explain to quenn victoria what two women could up to together?

edit: plus this is a better song to play, we;; more appropiate in a tongue in cheek manner. please dont be offended!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tJ09XhaB4E

you could just play that constantly for a week at thier/your? house. then they would get the message.
Last edited by SlicedBread at Sep 14, 2008,
I have some perfect advice for you, but you're not getting it since you implied that England is a naive country.
just tell them as long as the
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
so because i am a gay girl who needs help coming out that automatically makes me an attention *****?

um, not really. It's more the attention whoring.

Good luck though, I'm sure things will be fine
Quote by Retro Rocker
I have some perfect advice for you, but you're not getting it since you implied that England is a naive country.

I MEANT THAT BECAUSE SHE IS IN ENGLAND SHE IS NOT AROUND ME SO I CANT EXACTLY DROP HINTS TO HER LIKE I WOULD MY DAD.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
I MEANT THAT BECAUSE SHE IS IN ENGLAND SHE IS NOT AROUND ME SO I CANT EXACTLY DROP HINTS TO HER LIKE I WOULD MY DAD.

Too late, damage is done now.
And that has nothing to do with her being naive.
If anything it's YOU that's being naive about this.