Im looking for a new amp to play small gigs in pubs and bars and for bedroom practise. I want to get that american hi-gain tone like Mark Tremonti prefered without a pedal, just using the amps own OD. I also play a lot of Alter Bridge, Foo Fighters, G'n'R, Metallica ect. More Hard Rock/Metal. I have a budget of about £500 - £700/ $1000 - $1400 . I was looking at the Peavey XXX 112 and a used 6505?? (Not sure about the 6505's capabilities to do the softer side of my playing.)
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
bump?

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
The 6505 doesn't do versatility that well. You could look at the Laney TT range, very versatile with 3 channels (Clean, Crunch and Lead) and can get some great tones.
What do you think of the Peavey XXX? Ive never had the chance to try one out yet.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
i've never played a XXX either

*watches Youtube Demo*

The Cleans sounded a little sterile, but the guy was using a guitar with Emgs. The Crunch sound had a lot of gain and could easily do Van Halen or Guns and Roses. The Ultra channel was just insane, loooooads of gain there for Modern Metal dropped tuning riffing. Sounded a little Fizzy but that'll be because the Power amp wouldn't have been working very hard.

Obviously try this amp before you buy it. And see if you can try the Laney TT or the VH models.
ok cheers. I'll check out thoses laneys too.

EDIT - Those Laney TT's are about 200-400 pounds out of my budget!! I dont think I want to spend that much to be honest.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
Last edited by 12joey.c12 at Sep 14, 2008,