Well I just made a post, and I decided on what amp im gonna get and buy over there, so not as to carry my 50 pound amp into a plane. But i was thinking, what about bringing a guitar.... Would my gibson be safe in a hardshell case with a master lock on the zippers? I know how they throw stuff around....

I guess my other option would be to buy a cheap guitar over there. Just curious as to if anyone has had to do this, and what they did and how well and smoothly it went. I could not love a human baby as much as a love my sg... (yeah you all know where thats from...)

but i'm hoping to have everything planned out by the time i go study abroad. Good ol' ireland! bring on the Guinness!
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
When i went to america for my hols this year i bought a guitar in a hard case and i was allowed to take it with me onto the plane. I was about to put it in the hold when the checkin person asked me what it was. When she realised it was an instrument she told me that you should be able to put it into a small cupboard area near the seats.

So if you ask at the desk you might be able to take it on with you.
you can probably gate check your guitar. Thats where they take it at the gate and put it on top of all the luggage. I've done it with guitars before and its fine. Just make sure the airline has valet baggage or whatever they call it.
Theres some airlines that offer this service where if your not going to need your carry-on item on the plane they can take it to a special area of the plane on this cart thing, you might want to do that
Quote by Le_Bunny
Money doesn't fuel good music. Passion does.

not a bad idea, I guess i'll need to call them and see what my options are, I dont wanna play this by ear last minute, lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial