So,

I've got an xbox 360 and a laptop with wireless internet. My router is way too far from my 360 to hook it up with an ethernet cable, though I do have one.

Is there a way to connect my laptop to my 360 to access LIVE on my 360 without having to buy a wireless adapter for my 360? And if so, how do I do it?

Note that I suck at computers and will probably need everything spelled out for me.

Please help me?

EDIT: I also have vista, if that matters.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
Last edited by Drewcifer 000 at Sep 14, 2008,
Move it closer.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
i don't think so
you'll have to buy a longer ethernet cable or an adapter
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
No, you'll need the network adapter.
Quote by armon77
laughed at something in class a little too hard, then let loose a sonic boom of a fart.
Dude, for £5 you can get a 20 metre ethernet cable, which is faster than wireless will ever be.

Wires = Win.
no.
Quote by Lukeydoodly
Dude, for £5 you can get a 20 metre ethernet cable, which is faster than wireless will ever be.

Wires = Win.

still might be too far
what if hes trying to play in the treehouse he made out back
Dick+strings= owww
getting a gaming router is cheaper then the xbox wireless adapter and they can go farther
Quote by The Leader
Man, woman, and child alike wept openly at the scourge and pestilence that was birthed onto this Earth from my anus

Quote by inhatredofme
i rear back with the hammer and start raining down blows like thor upon a hooker
Quote by rasveer
still might be too far
what if hes trying to play in the treehouse he made out back

I wanna do that!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
You can set up Internet Connection Sharing on your laptop and then run an ethernet cable to your Xbox. That's what I do, and it works fine.
<Han> I love Hitler
i got the same problem, luckily, i had an extra ethernet cord hangin around.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Internet speed is paramount to xbox LIVE performance. At least for games like Gears of War and Call of Duty. If you are planning on Hosting matches online I would suggest nothing less than 6 MB download. You'll need to have a good up-load speed as well. Lots and lots of foreign players are finally picking up on the LIVE and it really saps the connection performance.

Good Cable internet package should offer 8 MB download and 4 MB upload speed. At least they have it here in GA.

DSL is crap. Unless you have the Fiber network in your area and can get the 6 MB plus boost.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
Quote by JasonUGA311
Internet speed is paramount to xbox LIVE performance. At least for games like Gears of War and Call of Duty. If you are planning on Hosting matches online I would suggest nothing less than 6 MB download. You'll need to have a good up-load speed as well. Lots and lots of foreign players are finally picking up on the LIVE and it really saps the connection performance.

Good Cable internet package should offer 8 MB download and 4 MB upload speed. At least they have it here in GA.

DSL is crap. Unless you have the Fiber network in your area and can get the 6 MB plus boost.

i'm bottleofsmoke17 on gears
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
I'll look you up.... patiently waiting on 2. Still the best game out there IMO.
96 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop
95 Strat w/ Lindy Fralins
Ibanez JS1000
Orange AD30HTC
Vox AC30
Blue Alnico Cab
Budda Wah
Barber Tone Press
Keeley NOVA Wah
Pederson Strobo
Keeley TS-808
HBE Chorus
T-Rex Delay
Red Witch Moon Phase
This is what i did.
I bought another ethernet cable, and a connector, so I have the two hooked up together, making a moster ethernet cable.
Also, on your labtop, dont have any programs running.
i know of a wireless adapter i can buy....does it plug into the modem and then the other part is hooked up to the 360?