your going to buy an amp based on a pedal that you have? is it just me or does that sound backwards
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
i wouldnt buy an amp depending on a distortion pedal you have. For 100-300 you're looking at Roland cubes, peavey valvekings, that kinda thing, ultimatley you'll want an amp where you wont require the DS-2.
woah woah wait.

You don't dictate what amp you have on one pedal you have.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
lol double post really necessary? Asking for an amp to fit a pedal is a little ridiculous. The way distortion pedals are designed you loose a lot of your original signal, so typcially dist pedals are used when people don't have nicer amps and/or a good OD pedal.

Which is why almost every signal metal and rock band use the gain from their amps, or an overdrive pedal. Granted grunge and punk arn't typcially known for their amazing tones, but with 300£ you could get a decent tube amp, or if you went used something pretty decent for 300£

just my two cents. the majority of tone and sound comes through your amp, your better off finding an amp that suits your tone desires then buying an amp based off a distortion pedal
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Do you already have the DS-2?

Get a Laney VC30. Use the drive channel on that, and compare it to your DS-2.

That said, I run a DS-2 through my VC30, but I use the drive and the DS-2 for different things.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
your going to buy an amp based on a pedal that you have? is it just me or does that sound backwards

It's not just you
Quote by rhcp_freak

That said, I run a DS-2 through my VC30, but I use the drive and the DS-2 for different things.

i also do this, same amp, same pedal. This is gonna seem like i'm plugging, but check the song on my profile ('titles are hard', not the other two things, they are demos of a squier thats been tampered with) for an example of how it can sound with this pedal/amp combination.

you shouldn't really base the decision for the amp on what pedals you have though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by rhcp_freak

that's what i'd do. the vc30 is a really nice amp for £300. obviously try it first to make sure you like it, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?