Hey. im looking to get a new guitar for under £500 but i dont know which to get. What would be the best guitar to play stuff like Guns N Roses, Foo Fighters, Metallica? cheers
Depends what kind of guitars you like, the best advice I can give is to go out and try as many different guitars as you can and see which ones you like. Just about the only requisite for playing those particular bands is a humbucker in the bridge.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
epi lp eliteist if you can find 1
or maybe a second hand sg standard?
Fender Telecaster (MIM) <- the sentimental one

Fender USA strat

4 standing Oasis tickets, Cardiff 12th June - selling at face value go!
Washburn X50PRO w/ Duncans.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
I want that fender, it seems to be calling out my name from it's specifications and i know the feel, ill like it. It's discontinued right? where could me and the TS get it?
Quote by Foo Fighters!!
i thought the epiphone les paul elitists were £600 and over?

They're on DV247 for £599.99 so yes but they've ostensibly been discontinued so they're likely to become quite rare over the next few months, at least new.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Depends what kind of guitars you like, the best advice I can give is to go out and try as many different guitars as you can and see which ones you like. Just about the only requisite for playing those particular bands is a humbucker in the bridge.

I was thinking about a Fender 62 reissue telecaster with a seymour duncan little 59' singlecoil sized humbucker in the bridge but i might just need a humbucker. i do like les paul shaped guitars
Quote by Foo Fighters!!
I was thinking about a Fender 62 reissue telecaster with a seymour duncan little 59' singlecoil sized humbucker in the bridge but i might just need a humbucker. i do like les paul shaped guitars

A single coil sized humbucker would do the job but if you like Les Paul shaped guitars you can get an Epi Les Paul Custom for less than £400.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-les-paul-custom/863

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
My LP studio does Guns N' Roses and Metallica pretty well, or maybe a Slash Mockingbird.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
what amp have you got?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i think ill go with the fender tele and swap the bridge pickup for the little 59'. im not so sure you can do metallica or hard rock/metal(not death) with tele's tho. anyone got anything to say about this?
i'm generally not that fond of most single-coil sized humbuckers (though i haven't tried the little '59), for me anyway most of them seem to fall between two stools... they don't sound as thick (or as good) as a full sized humbucker, but lose a lot of the nice sparkle of single coils...

duncans generally aren't that good value in the UK either.

no reason why you couldn't do metallica with a tele if it had a full-size bridge humbucker, but then most people are buying a tele for the twang from the bridge single coil (though if you just like the look and playability of a tele, putting a bridge humbucker in would work, assuming it's routed for one).

have you tried any blades? i think they have a tele copy with humbuckers, the couple of blades i have tried were very nice (i haven't tried that exact model).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?