what I have now: I now have a crappy Ibanez jumpstart pack guitar.

my amp: crate v18 212

skill level: I still consider myself a beginner at electric (I play acoustic at church)..but would like to improve my skills. My guitar just isn't cutting it for me.

what I play: I like playing Christian rock stuff like Switchfoot, but I also like ACDC and Metallica<--(I can't do the solos..) So I guess a pretty versatile guitar, as I'll probably be playing electric at church soon..

Budget: less that 500, but preferably less than 400.
Ibanez RG2EX1 would be nice, fixed bridge, EMG designed pickups which aren't too bad actually, basswood body, thin neck, 24 frets and in my opinion a guitar that feels very nice, and its...300 bucks, or an Ibanez RG321 which is essentially the same thing except that its a mahogany body and INF pickups.
HSS fender mim strat could probably help you with that, but i usually go for fender. If not, then whatever Epiphone LP that cost around there would probably be pretty good for you.
ibanez rg2ex1 is nice. its durable, and the guitar plays great and is set up well. its only 300 at guitarcenter and musicians friend. i upgraded the pickups cause i didnt like them, but most like them a lot
i think an Epi Sg 400 or les paul standard would be best for you, an HSS fender probably wont get metallica, and a low end RG probably wont get chruch music.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by deathbyawesome
i think an Epi Sg 400 or les paul standard would be best for you, an HSS fender probably wont get metallica, and a low end RG probably wont get chruch music.

Have you never played a HSS Strat before? They kick ass at anything really.

I would say then, and if you need a hotter bridge, get a new pickup in there. The single coils'll get the church songs thing.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
yup, go with the sg400
i would say an epiphone dot but they have a bit too much twang for metallica
maybe a used MIM strat
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
u can't use an sg for church music!! it has ****ing devil horns on it.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.