Page 1 of 2
I'm broke. utterly broke.
I moved out of my parents house last month to pursue my dream of becoming an animator, but the expenses have left me with no money left for next month's rent. The only option left to me is to sell my guitar and amplifier.

The amp doesn't really matter to me, because I bought it with my own money and was going to save for a new one anyway, but my guitar was a gift from my grandma, and I hate to have to sell it just to pay the rent...

anyway, I'm down and would like to know if the pit has ever gone through times like this, where you have to part with things dearest to you to pursue your goals.
sell your clothes first.

Guitar>Clothes
Quote by Chungavelli
I know this Jewish guy who pierced his asshole.
i have a guitar my dad ran around to get last christmas. i won't ever trade it or sell it, and i think you souldn't sell the one your grandma gave you.
the minimalist σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
Get a job?
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Quote by volcomgrifter
sell your clothes first.

Guitar>Clothes

I could always go to work wearing a guitar strap

and in case you're wondering, yes, I work, but as an unpaid intern, as I need 12 months of practical experience before i can apply to college.

EDIT: and if I got another job on the side I would be left with no time to work on my portfolio and demo reel.
Any chance of your parents helping you out? I don't suggest they just give you money to help, but maybe a loan from them you can pay back once you start earning?

Someone I know is in the same situation, she is having to sell off lots of her possessions just to cover rent & living expenses. Keep it as much under cntrol as you can, don't let it get to the point where you got nothing else to sell! Sell your amp for the time being. Sorry to hear about your situation though man
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
Man, I've been there.

Can the 'rents help out for just one month? And do you have a job?
Always gotta believe something is round the corner, the minute you accept its going bad, then its gona go bad, the harder you fight it, the better you'll cope. Its just taking whats the best in your life, like your chasing your dream, focus on that, ask your parents for your help, i wouldnt sell the guitar, id just sell other things or get money from elsewhere, good luck man, be happy =]
Quote by Anthony1991
Always gotta believe something is round the corner, the minute you accept its going bad, then its gona go bad, the harder you fight it, the better you'll cope. Its just taking whats the best in your life, like your chasing your dream, focus on that, ask your parents for your help, i wouldnt sell the guitar, id just sell other things or get money from elsewhere, good luck man, be happy =]

I like your thinking, I'm the same, always an optimist
Quote by Kensai
Maybe you've heard what the ladies say: "Once you go 77mm you don't go back"
well honestly that was pretty foolish of you to move out when you dont have any means of income or money saved up. Swallow your pride and move back in with mom and pop.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
well there is things you can do for some quick cash, just depends on how high your standards are
A job at this point is out of the question because most jobs dont even pay you your first pay day, and you get it on your second payday (its to ensure ppl dont work just for one pay period and quit, so they have to stay for 2 pay periods) and thats a month

you can sell your sperm, find other crap laying around you dont need and have a garage sale/ebay. you can slang drugs (i dont recomend it tho), sell your body (i dont reconmend that either), etc.

there is alot of thing you can do for quick cash, like i said just depends on how desperate you are.But i do suggest you start looking for a job anyways for other months to come when rent is due

also maybe you should think about getting a roomate to split the cost.
Quote by everlong12
sell them, its only a guitar

sentimental value, buddy.
worst comes to worst, ask your folks for a few bones
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
Quote by jallas
I like your thinking, I'm the same, always an optimist

Best way of life :P
Quote by jpgilbert701
well honestly that was pretty foolish of you to move out when you dont have any means of income or money saved up. Swallow your pride and move back in with mom and pop.

That would mean not finishing my internship, which would mean not being able to go to the school I want to :p

EDIT and i cant ask my parents for money, as they are both out of a job at the moment and hardly have enough to feed my siblings. I kind of picked the worst time to move out (mind you they lost their jobs after i moved)
find a room mate to share expenses with
Quote by Moggan13
*Kicks down door*
WHO SAID RAMBO 3!!???
Ask your parents for help/money.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by blue_strat
Put up your PayPal address, and we'll all send you €1 .

That's actually a good idea.

everyone send me €1 too.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm broke. utterly broke.
I moved out of my parents house last month to pursue my dream of becoming an animator, but the expenses have left me with no money left for next month's rent. The only option left to me is to sell my guitar and amplifier.

The amp doesn't really matter to me, because I bought it with my own money and was going to save for a new one anyway, but my guitar was a gift from my grandma, and I hate to have to sell it just to pay the rent...

anyway, I'm down and would like to know if the pit has ever gone through times like this, where you have to part with things dearest to you to pursue your goals.

dude do not sell you guitar cause your grandmas gonna die soon if she isnt already dead.
Quote by beyondthegrave
dude do not sell you guitar cause your grandmas gonna die soon if she isnt already dead.

she's 63, she's not going to die THAT soon... I hope...
Dude seriously, your on a computer, sell the computer!
Vintage les paul copy
Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey studio pro
Roland micro cube
Quote by Walrusbox
Dude seriously, your on a computer, sell the computer!

Wrong, I'm at an internet cafe
Sell everything that's not necessary for you to live, just keep enough money for food, accommodation, and social money (since you're a student)
I don't ride In no limosines
Can't afford no Night club scenes
Steak and wines is Beyond my means
I call my home These faded jeans

I got just enough money
To buy me a case of the blues
I got just enough money
To buy me a case of the blues

Found me a quarter In the combat zone
I reach up and stick it In my old pay phone
My babies machine they Say that she's not home
Just leave your name and your number After the tone