ok i have a epiphone les paul standardand a marshall mg 15dfx and boss sd-1. i love bright. sounds. and dont know what to get. i will have 150 to 200$$ what should i get.
Save more get a Peavey Classic 30.

/thread
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
save a little more until you can get either a used line 6 flextone or either a new roland cube 60w or new vox valvetronix 50w(if you want a brit voiced amp).
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
new pick ups?
or save for an amp?
GUITAR: Gibson Les Paul Special
AMP:Fender Vibro Champ XD
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
USMC
What type of music do you play? If you want bright clean sounds go for a used Fender blues jr
Quote by nekromantic
new pick ups?
or save for an amp?

well i waz thinking about geting seymour duncans but my dad said the ones on my les paul were ok. but they sound to muddy. so what would you do?
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
well i waz thinking about geting seymour duncans but my dad said the ones on my les paul were ok. but they sound to muddy. so what would you do?

Amp. New pickups won't make any difference through your amp, seeing as how it sucks.
Quote by voteforpedro36
Amp. New pickups won't make any difference through your amp, seeing as how it sucks.

are the crate tube amps any good?
Quote by voteforpedro36

yep. Also, before you get new pickups try removing the covers. They sap a LOT of treble out.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
yep. Also, before you get new pickups try removing the covers. They sap a LOT of treble out.

are you serious?
^ Yeah the covered pickups dull down the sound. If you were thinking about changing them anyway then its not a big deal to just pull off the covers. My opinion is save for a better amp. For strictly practice Roland amps are really nice. Any of the cubes specially the micro cube because of its small size. (just got one love it) If you want a little more I hear good things about the crate tube amps. However I hear the cleans aren't the greatest on those things. Vox Valvetronixs aren't too bad either for cheap amps. If you ever have money to blow. ANY all tube Marshall=sex. You wont know the difference until you compare the two ( I had a mg 50 then was tempted to buy something else. I saved up and got a used all tube marshall like 2 weeks ago for like 500$ Its awesome.) mgs are letdowns.

So basically try ripping off your pickup covers. and get a new amp.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
hmm, reading this im tempted to take the covers off of my g-400, can someone tell me how?
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Simple. Pull them out, use a flat-edge and pry them off. They only glue them on there. You don't have to De-solder them and take them all the way out or anything. Just pull them out of the pickup cavity.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
this is gonna sound even dumber but how do i pull them out, do i need to take my strings off?
Quote by Bloodavian

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Yeah taking off your string would help. Just completely unscrew the pickups then they should just pop out. However if you do this your going to have to set the pickups again. http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/aph.htm read this. However their leaving out the rule that I remember hearing. That you should play the harmonic on the 12th fret (rest your finger right over the metal of the 12th fret without pushing down) and then play the 12th fret like regular. If one sound lower then the other raise the pickup, if the sound is higher then lower it.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Quote by Redsox4ever5955
ok i have a epiphone les paul standardand a marshall mg 15dfx and boss sd-1. i love bright. sounds. and dont know what to get. i will have 150 to 200$$ what should i get.

Not evennn.

How old are you gonna be?
If its 16, I say you upgrade to a job.
Haha

But look into the Fender Super Champ XD and/or Fender Vibro Champ XD

It sounds like you are not gigging anytime soon so why not get a little five watt all tube combo like the Epi Valve jr or a fender champ. Try a few out. See what you like the best.
Quote by LesZao
Not evennn.

How old are you gonna be?
If its 16, I say you upgrade to a job.
Haha

But look into the Fender Super Champ XD and/or Fender Vibro Champ XD

shut up and yea i am turning 16 and yes i am getting a job.
I hear their pretty good. However most people that get them that are actually satisfied with them are only satisfied after replacing the tubes and speaker. I don't know though. Try them out. Look at all the small cheap tube amps and you might want to look at a distortion pedal to go with that because those small amps don't usually have any distortion. The v18 is only 1 channel so...
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Gibson Flying V
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14