i wanted to ask some of the pros what you think of this sweeping pattern. and maybe if theres other patterns i can try thats similer. iv tryed all the sweeping lessons. (thats how i learned awesome lessons).
im not sure but i dont think iv ever seen this as a sweeping pattern. i dont understand the other patterns they just seem uneconomical to me

e-------------d------------------d----------d--------d----------------------
b----------d----u-------------d-----------d---u---d---------------------------
g-------d---------u--------d------------d-------u----------------------------
d----d--------------u---d--------------------------------------------------
a-d-------------------u---------------------------------------------------
e-----------------------------------------------------------------------

e-------------d-u-d----------------d-u-d--------------------------------------
b----------d---------u------------d-------u--------------------------------------
g-------d--------------u--------d-----------u------------------------------------
d----d-------------------u----d---------------u---d-------------------------------
a-d-------------------------u-------------------u--------------------------------
e-----------------------------------------------------------------------

is there anything wrong with sweeping like this?
Nothing wrong with either of those just make sure you don't limit yourself to only being able to do it one way.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Are you using any hammer-ons or pull-offs?
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
That second pattern doesn't need a D-U-D on the high E string. We usually do a form of a slur (hammer-on, pull-off) there. But both patterns are fine, typical sweeping forms.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
no hammer on or pull off. i like how it feels when i pick that part fast lol.i do sometimes but i wanted to be able to pick every note. i was reading the sweeping thread and theres to ups on the high e and i didnt understand why you would pick that part up twice. it seems uneconomical