I'm beginning to try and learn scales, and I'm wondering if I tabbed these out correctly

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e352/Sneezy117/Monkey/majorscales.jpg?t=1221423685

Something seems wrong about it, but I can't find anything.
And are there any specific scales that every musician should know?
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
I'm not going to look through every one of them but your Ab is wrong from the very first note.
at first glance nothing, you did make a mistake with Eb major though, low and high E strings aren't the same pattern. I'm still confused as to why you write em down like that and not start at the root note.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by Camm
I'm not going to look through every one of them but your Ab is wrong from the very first note.
A scale fingering doesn't have to start on the root.

I'm not going through all of that, but your Eb major scale is wrong; major scales don't have three chromatic tones in a row.

Read my sig and then you will have the knowledge and confidence to form these fingerings without asking us.
A major

|––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––4––5|–––––––––––
|––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––5––7––––––––––––––––––
|–––––––––––––––––––––––––4––6––7––––––––––––––––––––––––
|––––––––––––––––4––6––7–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
|–––––––4––5––7––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
|–5––7–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

A Minor
|––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––5––(7)––(8)–
|–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––5––6––8––––––––––––––
|––––––––––––––––––––––––––4––5––7–––––––––––––––––––––––
|––––––––––––––––––––5––7––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
|–––––––––––5––7––8––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
|––5––7––8–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
You got them all wrong. If you're just getting into scales, start each scale on their respective root note. Don't start an Ab Major scale on a F note, start it on Ab. Otherwise you're getting into Modes and such. Start on the root note!!
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by bangoodcharlote

I'm not going through all of that, but your Eb major scale is wrong; major scales don't have three chromatic tones in a row.

Read my sig and then you will have the knowledge and confidence to form these fingerings without asking us.

Thank you, I've been looking for something like that for a while, I guess I just overlooked it when I looked here
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
buy the guitar grimoire scales and modes and you'll have everything you'll ever need to know about scales.

-don kappyton
Quote by bangoodcharlote

Depends on the scale. A C Major scale isn't a C Major scale if you start on D. That would be a D Dorian scale.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Warheart1188
Depends on the scale. A C Major scale isn't a C Major scale if you start on D. That would be a D Dorian scale.
No, no it wouldn't.

Modes are defined by the chords or implied chords, not fingerings or patterns; there are no patterns on the piano or trumpet or harp, and music theory applies to all music, not just guitar.
Quote by Warheart1188
You got them all wrong. If you're just getting into scales, start each scale on their respective root note. Don't start an Ab Major scale on a F note, start it on Ab. Otherwise you're getting into Modes and such. Start on the root note!!

No. The order of the notes is irrelevant. Modes only come into play when the harmony specifically suggests them.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by RCalisto
where did you guys hear all that nonsense though?
Modes are often taught as positions. You can consider a C major scale starting on D to be the home position of D Dorian, but it's a C major scale unless there is something to say otherwise.