hey guys...i need help with sumthing i couldnt figure out and its not that i need to master them its that i need them for a new sound so if u have any extra advice for pinch harmonics/ artificial harmonics i would accept gladly
(i usually dont play heavy metal songs)
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
ight thx i just needed sumwer to start tyvm
i usually play blues...nuff said
Quote by Jackolas
You are my favorite August 08er, sir!

One day, when the time has come,
The truth will shine, we'll never run.
We both know just how feel,
I'm praying to god that this is real.
Quote by dreams broken
ight thx i just needed sumwer to start tyvm
i usually play blues...nuff said

One band for you: ZZ Top.

Billy Gibbons is a master of good pinch harmonic use.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
listen to some van halen. i know there not the bluesiest but it helps. check out there song mean street, which has a fair amount of them. but if you want to stick solely to blues go with gibbons!
for good pinch harmonics i just kept trying my thumb it different positions on the pick till i got it, i guess theres no specific way to get it just keep practicing it and you will perfect it trying turning the distortion up that usually makes them a bit more noticeable, check out zakk wylde he uses pinch harmonics in most of his BLS songs
One part of a pinch harmonic that has not been said is the "hot spot". Take your left hand and slide it along the string near where you pick, keep doing this until you find a spot that sounds a strong harmonic, this will be a good place to hit a pinch.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by The_Sophist
One part of a pinch harmonic that has not been said is the "hot spot". Take your left hand and slide it along the string near where you pick, keep doing this until you find a spot that sounds a strong harmonic, this will be a good place to hit a pinch.

All aspects of technique were covered by the videos I posted.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by hb15577
for good pinch harmonics i just kept trying my thumb it different positions on the pick till i got it, i guess theres no specific way to get it just keep practicing it and you will perfect it trying turning the distortion up that usually makes them a bit more noticeable, check out zakk wylde he uses pinch harmonics in most of his BLS songs

Thumb yes but you should also be able to do them with upstrokes. I can do them just as easy with the tip of my finger as i can with my thumb. I use the the thumb for the down stoke and the finger tip for the upstroke. If you can only do them on downstrokes you are limiting your possiblities.