I am looking for a new head to play In Flames, Children of Bodom and Amon Amarth as well as other stuff in the same genre. I have a cab and a couple of boost pedals. My budget is £300. Cleans do not matter as I will keep the Marshall to use that for lighter stuff and cleans.
Definatly Bugera Imo

but the problem is, the 333XL or 6262 lol
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Shredx
Definatly Bugera Imo

but the problem is, the 333XL or 6262 lol

The 6260. Sorry I forgot to mention that.
The Bugeras are put together poorly (read a lot of independent stories about peoples Bugeras crapping out on them), but sound awesome. The Valvekings are built slightly better, but not up to par with the quality of other Peavey amps. They don't sound bad, but need a boost for modern metal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by Green_Jelly
The Bugeras are put together poorly (read a lot of independent stories about peoples Bugeras crapping out on them), but sound awesome. The Valvekings are built slightly better, but not up to par with the quality of other Peavey amps. They don't sound bad, but need a boost for modern metal.

Thanks. Looking at the comments the Bugera looks better for me as long as it doesn't break.
IMO the bugera will be better, i think the 6262 and 6260 are based on the Peavey 6505+ and 6505 and the 333 and 333xl are based on the Peavey JSX and XXX or somthing.

anyway the bugeras are pure metal wheras ive heard the valveking needs lots of overdrives to sound good for metal. Also, some people believe that the Valvekings are the MGs of tube amps, not a good position!
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Go for the Bugera...they come with a warranty if anything happens and if you look hard enough you can find horror stories about every amp out there in every price range.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Bugera all the way. That valveking tone is like fingernails across a chalkboard to me. I hate it.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Bugera all the way. That valveking tone is like fingernails across a chalkboard to me. I hate it.

+a lot.
They are the MG's of tube amps
I've NEVER had a problem with my Bugera

I'm just saying right, that when ti works, it singsssss

(L) ! 333xl all the way
I dont have a bugera head, but i do have a bugera cab, and seems very well built and very sturdy...if you do choose the bugera, good luck.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
Saying that Bugera's break as much as anything else is not true. They're inexpensive amps, which means they cut costs somewhere. The first 5 weeks I owned it I was in love until it crapped out. The warranty will fix/replace anything that is wrong but......... here's my problem with the Bugera. The tubes are crap and if you factor in a tube swap and the price of the amp, you could get a MUCH better and reliable used amp. Its been two weeks since I took it in for repair and I have another two weeks till I get it back and I will promptly sell it when I get it back.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
valvekings are great but from what i understand, bugeras are peavys on roids
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Green_Jelly

Bad tubes are the problem 99.9999% of the time. I've seen only ONE fail from actual component issues, and the owner admitted it was his fault as there was moisture inside the amp. Tubes/fuses are a simple replacement, which then lets you hear the true colors of the Bugera. Swap em and you are golden.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by occub
Saying that Bugera's break as much as anything else is not true. They're inexpensive amps, which means they cut costs somewhere. The first 5 weeks I owned it I was in love until it crapped out. The warranty will fix/replace anything that is wrong but......... here's my problem with the Bugera. The tubes are crap and if you factor in a tube swap and the price of the amp, you could get a MUCH better and reliable used amp. Its been two weeks since I took it in for repair and I have another two weeks till I get it back and I will promptly sell it when I get it back.

Based on that statement couldn't one presume the same thing about every other cheap amp and guitar? In that case why buy anything at all in these price ranges and just save up $2000+ and get the 'good stuff'... Tubes aren't really that expensive and IMO you still can't find a better amp even at a used price if you factor in the cost of the tubes...plus last time I checked amps are preference, right?
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Quote by thriller4life
Based on that statement couldn't one presume the same thing about every other cheap amp and guitar? In that case why buy anything at all in these price ranges and just save up $2000+ and get the 'good stuff'... Tubes aren't really that expensive and IMO you still can't find a better amp even at a used price if you factor in the cost of the tubes...plus last time I checked amps are preference, right?

Well, if you figure 700 dollar for the head + 100 dollars for tubes, hell that a used XXX or a used 5150, the amps the bugeras are based off of.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
They are based off of other amps as well. The circuits are not nearly identical.

Using that logic though you could tell someone looking to buy a 5150 to save the extra dough for a SLO100. As much as I would love a SLO, I am a poor broke working musician.

My Bugera does what it needs to
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Kevin Saale
Well, if you figure 700 dollar for the head + 100 dollars for tubes, hell that a used XXX or a used 5150, the amps the bugeras are based off of.

$800 for a XXX and 5150....those amps can be found for $500-600. They don't come with a warranty though and will need new tubes most likely anyways. Plus like Bloodshed said, they're not just based on those amps and are not nearly the same.
My Gear
ESP LTD MV-100
Crate GT15
Boss DS-1

My Profile

Albert Einstein
1879-1955
Quote by thriller4life
$800 for a XXX and 5150....those amps can be found for $500-600. They don't come with a warranty though and will need new tubes most likely anyways. Plus like Bloodshed said, they're not just based on those amps and are not nearly the same.

Not to mention the used market outside of USA (which sucks, btw. The cheapest 5150/6505 I've seen in Finland was a combo, and even that was about 1000 euros.).
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Thanks for the help. The only reason I asked was to be sure that the bugera wouldn't just break on me. Seems a lot of people are exaggerating how bad the workmanship really is.
There are 2 XXX's and a modded 5150 on HC's forums right now for $500, $600, and $740 respectively.

A tube change is about $150, add that to the $450 Bugera price and you could have a XXX. And I belive the XXX's come factory with JJ tubes in them. Not 100% sure, my friends came from a shop brand new with JJ's in it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
Thanks for the help. The only reason I asked was to be sure that the bugera wouldn't just break on me. Seems a lot of people are exaggerating how bad the workmanship really is.

To set record straight...Bugera's are engineered very well and sound absolutely fantastic even compared to their more expensive cousins...

...here's the catch...

They are ASSEMBLED in china...and sometimes those little boys and girls forget to solder and screw stuff tight...and like Bloodshed said, it's usually a tube that will fail.

(It's interesting how annoyed Peavey and Mesa owners are getting although Bugeras have their own tone.)
Last edited by BeerChurch at Sep 15, 2008,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
where do you live George, what city? Have you looked thru your local craigslist.org too?

Near Bristol in England, however I won't have the money for a while.
6260 for sure for you. Don't listen to most of the people down talk bugera. like bloodshed said before most of the problems is tubes/fuses.

6260 is suited for what you want since its supposed to be based off the 5150 and if im not mistaken one of the guitarist from in flames uses a 5150.

I love my 6262 however :O
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by Ryohazuki
6260 for sure for you. Don't listen to most of the people down talk bugera. like bloodshed said before most of the problems is tubes/fuses.

6260 is suited for what you want since its supposed to be based off the 5150 and if im not mistaken one of the guitarist from in flames uses a 5150.

I love my 6262 however :O

I have now decided on getting the 6260. Thanks for the help everybody.
You will love it good sir!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
I have now decided on getting the 6260. Thanks for the help everybody.

That was a smart move. You'll love that amp.
Bugera make fine amps IMHO. I have the 333XL and it does everything from sparkiling cleans to thrash metal just fine. I probably would have gotten the 6262 as metal is my genre of choice, but the 333XL handles it just fine, plus if I ever get into classic rock and such, I'll have the amp to do it.