ok i know these have done before but im in need of one pretty badly.
I play stuff like death metal, thrash, black that kind of stuff, and i need some kind of amp between £200 and £300.
My current amp and pedal sound like mud.
Any help is much appreciated.
P.S at least average clean would be good too
300 pounds is what, $600-650 cdn?

you might be able to swing a b52 for that

or a used randall warhead
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
Laney VC15 + pedal perhaps?
EDIT: I see you have a Digitech Death Metal, so you're pretty much covered.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
Last edited by JMcG92 at Sep 14, 2008,
roland cube 30?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by the boogieman
300 pounds is what, $600-650 cdn?

you might be able to swing a b52 for that

or a used randall warhead

im trying to look for a b52 at 212 but cant find anywhere on the internetz to get one.
im in the uk
any help would be good.
Quote by Nolly
Yep, I think the cubes may well be your best bet.

that new vox higher gain modeller might be worth a look too, but i haven't tried it. the big problem is that, though i appreciate tubes as much as the next person, those cheaper tube amps more or less aren't aimed at metal (and those that get higher gain are often mediocre). it's a judgement call, basically, between better tone but not aimed at the music you play, something aimed at the music you play which is a modeller, or something aimed at the music you play which is tube but noticeably not as nice as the more expensive high gainers...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Bugera 333 212 combo? That does awesome metal, and also considerably nice cleans. I played one this afternoon and it is a truly awesome amp.
You can rest when you're dead.

User of
Schecter Guitars
Blackstar Amps
MXR Effects
damn you introduced that damn bugera, now im even less sure, but it is slightly out of my budget
ok final choice, bugera 333 212 (keeping in mind my budget is around £350), cube (I may gig with the amp i buy sometime in the late future which cube won't be great for), or rg50, which after some research apparently it isnt all that good at distortion.
?
by rg50, you mean the randall? it's more or less made for distortion. but i haven't been able to try those bugeras yet.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, the randall. I should go up to denmark street and see if i can find any of these amps to try out.
Havn't got high hopes they will stock them, but who knows maybe illl find another amp to add to my growing indecision.
Goodnight Ug
maybe the peavey vypyr it has loads of metal amp models on it and its meant to sound very good.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by morbidtom
yeah, the randall. I should go up to denmark street and see if i can find any of these amps to try out.
Havn't got high hopes they will stock them, but who knows maybe illl find another amp to add to my growing indecision.
Goodnight Ug

the last time i was there (bear in mind this was two years ago, so it's probably different now) rose morris (i think that's the one, the one you go downstairs to) had those randalls...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lwayneio
maybe the peavey vypyr it has loads of metal amp models on it and its meant to sound very good.

Definately this. At least play one before you make a final decision. They really sell themselves once you hear it.
my friends into morbid angel and im pretty sure trey azorgoth uses marshall 800s cranked etc I would maybe check out modelling and solid state amps as i dont think a tube at this price would be worth it for the sound you want. Maybe get a ceriatone 800 (marshall clone) and stick an OD infront of it, or more likely look into modelling amps as people have suggested, but i dont think a cube would give a good MA sound, i would check out the laney lv300 series maybe.
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus