Ive decided that im going to buy a dean Split Tail FR and hopfully i will have the money by early next year, but my question is does it have a "v" shaped neck like the razorback's because i can play faster with then types of necks. also if any one owns one can u plz tell me what the FR is like.

btw i cant play one because guitar guitar in glasgow well only get them in if someone orders one

thanks in advance
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter 30th Anniversary PT
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
Well my expirience with deans is that most necks on them are quite similar. I have the Dean VMNT V and it has somewhat the same style of neck. Just not as much neck. The neck on the split tails are very good for what your looking for which is fast I take it. But to me the split tails are butt ugly. lol But thats my opinion.

That kinda sucks that they can't order a couple and let you try one. Cause I can give you my thoughts on the guitar. My suggestion... Try and make them order it without you paying for it... Cause most music stores want you to walk out with a guitar in your hand and money in their pockits.

Deans are solid guitars, and deans are famous for their necks... But I would try finding one first before paying for it
From a guy named Mike
Originally posted by justinhawkins

id knock boots with paris any day, but i bet robert plant has a better-sounding orgasm
ill try and see if i can get them to order some split tails and thanks for the help
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
I think the Dean Split Tails are cool lookin' guitars. I'd like to play one. You should play any guitar before buyin' it. Every guitar is slightly different even if they look the same. Most of the time you'll like one better for some reason.
ive got mine on order from like july time and its only jus got into the UK,

ill get it on the weekend have a play through my stack then let you know if you like....from what ive heard the necks are a very subtle V but im reserved bout the time capsule pups.

but im jus glad they arent Putting Dimes name on it.....no matter how much of a fan i am of pantera, damageplan etc. i think it should have calmed down and been more of a USA and Limited Models
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
i just got mine today its ace witht he floyd rose....think there was a mix up but it came in Ice White with a black pinstrip which is not any other colour its lovely and the only one in the uk
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by nav00
i just got mine today its ace witht he floyd rose....think there was a mix up but it came in Ice White with a black pinstrip which is not any other colour its lovely and the only one in the uk

lucky you!!!! id rather the black one, the white one looks cheap... no offence its still a great looking guitar, just makes me want to get one even more... next year
My Gear:
-Guitars:
Schecter V-7 Hellraiser
Schecter Demon 7 FR
Vintage VRS100
Amps:
Randall RG75 G3 Plus
dude the split tail is nice in white, its got an amazing V neck and the timecapsule bridge pup is amazing i would say i do feel so privilaged to have the first one

go for it the floyd on mine is amazing too very solid and will sound amazing through my half stack
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Mustain Models have D necks.
Then there are the hard V necks like the Razorbacks and Razorback V's.
Then There are the medium V's like the DFHCFH and DFH's.
Then theres the C necks like on the Dime-O Flames and such.

I'm unsure of the split tail, I wanna say it's a C, but I'm really unsure. Check with the guys over on the Dean forum.

EDIT- Looks like the neck profile was aleady stated. Anyways, the trems on the higher end import Deans are pretty good. Not as good as an OFR, but better then most lisenced trems.
Last edited by caraluzzo at Sep 19, 2008,
yeah the neck profile is a V, but its a subtle V not a prominent one like the Fenders.

well its a real nice guitar, and the trem is amazing on it very strong and nice as hell, and theres not much mention of the split tails in the dean form for some reason
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs