hi everyone! i have said before im an intermediate guitar player, but now that i have been looking back on everything i have been playing... im more beginner-intermediate. You see, i can solo, but i can only seem to play, like, Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, and some miscellaneous short solos, but i cant play solos like Angus Young styled, or other supposed intermediate solos, or just blues styled solos in general which are usually longer. Im getting to the point where i have got pretty much all basic theory down, like scales, and stuff, and im starting to be able to write riffs and other stuff, and even more stuff (sorry, i just like to write stuff...), but i cant even complete a whole acdc solo!How would any of you guys get this stuff down, or how do you commit to these solos without getting bored and frusterated?thanks!
practice and patience.
First Emo of the Bass Militia PM DinkyDaisy to join
Quote by metaldud536
Did your know your son likes to fap?

Quote by Minkaro
I'd rather shove a Pidgeot up my arse than spend any time with Jimmy Page.

Quote by Table Salt
You win for making me really laugh.

add that:
Myspace
it's a dedication, a commitment. start with solos like Smells like teen spirit or Sweet Child o' Mine (the first out of three solos is absolutely easy). I firstly learned theme from The Godfather, because if you play it on guitar, it's like a solo, and it's easy. Study the way Slash from GnR plays it, you'll get the idea.
it's a dedication, a commitment. start with solos like Smells like teen spirit or Sweet Child o' Mine (the first out of three solos is absolutely easy). I firstly learned theme from The Godfather, because if you play it on guitar, it's like a solo, and it's easy. Study the way Slash from GnR plays it, you'll get the idea.[/QUOTE(slash is walking slowly into a corner toward me laughing manically with his guitar pointed at me like a spear) no... anything but slash! no... no... nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (slash starts to play something)
Quote by MocniSkopac
it's a dedication, a commitment. start with solos like Smells like teen spirit or Sweet Child o' Mine (the first out of three solos is absolutely easy). I firstly learned theme from The Godfather, because if you play it on guitar, it's like a solo, and it's easy. Study the way Slash from GnR plays it, you'll get the idea.
p.s. smells like teen spirit is an insult! im not that suckky! nah, but really i already know it.
well, i never really learned any solos in their entirety and i like to think i'm pretty decent. if you're just wanting to learn solos from others then the best thing you can do is break them up into sections and practice them.
I think you may be having trouble with those bluesy solos because you dont understand that its not a technical style, its about feel. What is feel? Good question, its subjective. Work on your string bending and learn some repeating melodic riffs. A lot of the Van Halen you mention is basicly hot blues licks. Also, start off with everything very slowly, you need your hands to coordinate. You may also be having trouble with the longer solos because you're not used to the speed yet. Its sort of like running a marathon, you need the endurance to make it all of the way through. You'll hear this often, but become close friends with a metronome.
Quote by 5150rando
hi everyone! i have said before im an intermediate guitar player, but now that i have been looking back on everything i have been playing... im more beginner-intermediate. You see, i can solo, but i can only seem to play, like, Eddie Van Halen, Randy Rhoads, and some miscellaneous short solos, but i cant play solos like Angus Young styled, or other supposed intermediate solos, or just blues styled solos in general which are usually longer. Im getting to the point where i have got pretty much all basic theory down, like scales, and stuff, and im starting to be able to write riffs and other stuff, and even more stuff (sorry, i just like to write stuff...), but i cant even complete a whole acdc solo!How would any of you guys get this stuff down, or how do you commit to these solos without getting bored and frusterated?thanks!

use your ears
use tabs
learn from a teacher or someone you know that will show you

basically.......learn them however you can. Be patient & keep practicing. The more solos you learn, the easier it will be to learn the next. (same with riffs & songs)
shred is gaudy music